I tried this great little freeware navmap program available in the Library.

It is terrific and is feature rich including the one thing I always wanted was an airfield map with parking positions as read from the scenery database (like an EFB).

Highly recommended!

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I tried this great little freeware navmap program available in the Library.

It is terrific and is feature rich including the one thing I always wanted was an airfield map with parking positions as read from the scenery database (like an EFB).

Highly recommended!

Very hard to find Shez without a link or at least authors name. Avsim lib comes up negative in all categories using "Navmap"

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sorry you are right. It was on the AVSIM front page 25 Sep entry. You also need to download little navconnect for the FSUIPC connection. Search Google for it.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Google only links me to GPS devices and a church lol Found it in the end. :)

Very impressed. Thanks for the heads up Shez.

http://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sheza: Thanks for the pointer. I missed it on the Front Page.

I have downloaded and installed but it seems to hang of loading the scenery database, specifically on a MyTraffic BGL.

Any ideas? The error is: https://app.box.com/s/vppjdcnsl8rtluxywsrc7y9lg3eqq71u

Details are included in above image.

It starts to load but gets the error on one particular airport.

This is a very feature rich applications and I am looking forward to using it.

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Sheza: Thanks for the pointer. I missed it on the Front Page.

I have downloaded and installed but it seems to hang of loading the scenery database, specifically on a MyTraffic BGL.

Any ideas? The error is: https://app.box.com/s/vppjdcnsl8rtluxywsrc7y9lg3eqq71u

Details are included in above image.

It starts to load but gets the error on one particular airport.

This is a very feature rich applications and I am looking forward to using it.

Bob

Does the MyTraffic BGL file have AFCAD airports in it? If not then I would move the file while the scenery library is being built.

Shez Ansari

The MyT 6 version of CYUL has an additional unnamed VOR (YUL1) like many 3rd party versions of this airport have, in order to change the route to RWY 10. The option to allow unnamed Navaids will be added to the next version of Little Navmap, according to the developer.

• Upvote 1

Does the MyTraffic BGL file have AFCAD airports in it? If not then I would move the file while the scenery library is being built.

The MyT 6 version of CYUL has an additional unnamed VOR (YUL1) like many 3rd party versions of this airport have, in order to change the route to RWY 10. The option to allow unnamed Navaids will be added to the next version of Little Navmap, according to the developer.

Thank you gentlemen.....

I am still using 5.4b so I guess that is still an issue, even with 6.0.

I understand it is Beta so I will keep monitoring and go with the flow............

Thanks again

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Hi All,

thanks for the kind words.

I'm the author of the Little Navmap.

For those having problems with My Traffic: I'm about to create a new beta release soon that fixes these problems with the unnamed VORs.

I'll announce it here once it is released.

Initially I planned to upload the beta to the Avsim library, but decided to ask the library manager to pull it. There were too many problems loading the scenery and I didn't want to bother the library managers with updates every two days.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

thanks for the kind words.

I'm the author of the Little Navmap.

For those having problems with My Traffic: I'm about to create a new beta release soon that fixes these problems with the unnamed VORs.

I'll announce it here once it is released.

Initially I planned to upload the beta to the Avsim library, but decided to ask the library manager to pull it. There were too many problems loading the scenery and I didn't want to bother the library managers with updates every two days.

Alex

Hi Alex!

Thank you so much for your fantastic little tool!

This will help me taxi to my runway!

And in my HTC Vive it is very friendly on frame rates!

Jay

Alex,

GREAT tool and I look forward to using it on a regular basis.

I also had problems with a file from UTX and a custom developed BGL for Rarotonga (Cook Islands).

If I can assist by sending you more detail please let me know.

Regards,

Bob Werab

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Hi All,

I just released 1.0.3.beta.

See here: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html.

* Includes fixes for unnamed VORs and NDBs (as they appear in My Traffic BGL files) in scenery loading.
* Fixed flight plan generation and start position selection for add-on airports having no runways and/or no start positions.
* Added search option for runway-less airports (many add-on heliports have neither runways nor helipads).
* Fixed error in scenery exclusion options.
* Added support for Active Sky AS16.
* Additions/clarifications in manual.

The program will ask you to erase the scenery database upon startup since it has changed.
When you agree you can reload the scenery again afterwards.

Kind regards

Alex

• Upvote 2

Hi All,

I just released 1.0.3.beta.

See here: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html.

* Includes fixes for unnamed VORs and NDBs (as they appear in My Traffic BGL files) in scenery loading.

* Fixed flight plan generation and start position selection for add-on airports having no runways and/or no start positions.

* Added search option for runway-less airports (many add-on heliports have neither runways nor helipads).

* Fixed error in scenery exclusion options.

* Added support for Active Sky AS16.

* Additions/clarifications in manual.

The program will ask you to erase the scenery database upon startup since it has changed.

When you agree you can reload the scenery again afterwards.

Kind regards

Alex

Will LIttle NavMap show traffic, such as AI a/c and especially other a/c that one is flying with in a multiplayer system?

Thx,

Al