Will LIttle NavMap show traffic, such as AI a/c and other a/c one is flying with in a multiplayer system?

Sorry, not yet. It shows only the user aircraft . I'll add that to my task list.

Alex

Sorry, not yet. It shows only the user aircraft . I'll add that to my task list.

Alex

Alex,

Thanks very much!  Seeing other a/c you are flying with on a server is very useful.

Al

Will LIttle NavMap show traffic, such as AI a/c and especially other a/c that one is flying with in a multiplayer system?

Thx,

Al

I second the recommendation - I see that you have this on your 'to do' list and will be happy to see it added to the features. 

Dan

Hi, interesting utility.

I have this error message (see picture below) when I first create the database from my scenery addons. This error stops the process of creating the database for Little Navmap and I could not make any progress thereafter. Could you please indicate what to do?:

29778335010_436020840d_b.jpg

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Ed,

I assume you are using version 1.0.3.beta?

Can you send me the "rctbbase_0.bgl" file to my e-mail address (can be found on by Github profile https://github.com/albar965)?

Until the problem is fixed you can disable the scenery in Little Navmap's Options dialog in the tab "Scenery Library Database". Add the path to the scenery to the upper list box.

Looks like I have to implement this issue here

https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/1 - Skip all BGL files that cause an exception and report errors at the end of the loading process

for the next beta.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Hi Alex,

Myself and another fellow used Little NavMap for a few hours today -- quite an impressive program!

A couple of 'nice to haves'  that occurred to us I'll pass on for your future consideration:

- It would be nice if the users aircraft could be smaller -- maybe about 3/4 or half the present size ( or maybe user adjustable -- big, medium, small)

-  Would be convenient if the user had some control over the aircraft trail -- type of line (solid or dotted, thickness, and color).

Thanks again for a great tool!

Al

Hi Ed,

I assume you are using version 1.0.3.beta?

Can you send me the "rctbbase_0.bgl" file to my e-mail address (can be found on by Github profile https://github.com/albar965)?

Until the problem is fixed you can disable the scenery in Little Navmap's Options dialog in the tab "Scenery Library Database". Add the path to the scenery to the upper list box.

Looks like I have to implement this issue here

https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/1 - Skip all BGL files that cause an exception and report errors at the end of the loading process

for the next beta.

Alex

Hi Alex:

Effectively, I'm using the latest beta, downloaded today. I've sent the requested file to your mail address.

Thanks.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Alex,

Myself and another fellow used Little NavMap for a few hours today -- quite an impressive program!

A couple of 'nice to haves'  that occurred to us I'll pass on for your future consideration:

- It would be nice if the users aircraft could be smaller -- maybe about 3/4 or half the present size ( or maybe user adjustable -- big, medium, small)

-  Would be convenient if the user had some control over the aircraft trail -- type of line (solid or dotted, thickness, and color).

Thanks again for a great tool!

Al

Hi Al,

I added this ticket to my list: Add more map customization options

Hi Alex:

Effectively, I'm using the latest beta, downloaded today. I've sent the requested file to your mail address.

Thanks.

Ed

Hi Ed,

thank you very much for the file. I can reproduce the error here which is good. I'm also about to change the loading process, so that it continues and shows all collected errors/files when done.

Alex

Edited by albar965

I'm also about to change the loading process, so that it continues and shows all collected errors/files when done

Hi Alex, I think this idea is excellent. I tried Littlenavmap on my second machine, which have some different scenery addons installed also in P3Dv3.4, and the same error originally posted occurred with five different scenery.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Alex, I tried Little NavMap after having some freezes with Plan-G and it looks like a very promising alternative. No errors so far. Keep up the good work.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Alex, I tried Little NavMap after having some freezes with Plan-G and it looks like a very promising alternative.

I would say even more than just a "promising alternative".  Plan-G is a very nice program and I and those that I fly with have been long time Plan-G users, but once Little NavMap shows traffic in a multiplayer environment so we can keep track of where everyone is, we all will definitely be switching to Little NavMap. The amount of information conveniently available in Little NavMap is outstanding.

Al

Hi Alex, I think this idea is excellent. I tried Littlenavmap on my second machine, which have some different scenery addons installed also in P3Dv3.4, and the same error originally posted occurred with five different scenery.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

It is already done and I'm testing it here. Apart from that all scenery reading errors known so far are fixed too.

Alex, I tried Little NavMap after having some freezes with Plan-G and it looks like a very promising alternative. No errors so far. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. I also used Plan-G a lot, but I too had freezes after loading routes and more.

It is still a great program and has much more functionality than Little Navmap (Vatsim stuff, airspace boundaries, approaches, traffic, user waypoints, etc.).

I would say even more than just a "promising alternative".  Plan-G is a very nice program and I and those that I fly with have been long time Plan-G users, but once Little NavMap shows traffic in a multiplayer environment so we can keep track of where everyone is, we all will definitely be switching to Little NavMap. The amount of information conveniently available in Little NavMap is outstanding.

Al

Hi Al,

understood :smile:. Looks like I better add this to the next major release.

Alex

Al

A resounding "second the motion" on this.  Seeing other traffic is an important feature.  Thanks Alex for working on this -

Dan

Hello.

Firstly, I can hardly say a word.

Outstanding!

I have been using this software for two days and It works fine for my system.

And then, I can't say any other word than thank you.

Thank you for your time and effort. This is the best moving map for FSX/P3D I've ever seen.

I miss just a thing: The posibility of entering an ICAO flight plan in order to create a new flight plan. Otherwise Outstanding Sofware.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, thank you for your kind generosity in offering this great add-on...very much appreciate it. God bless you and may happy good things come your way!...

Thanks again!