I just did a flight using Little Navmap 1.0.4 and Little Navconnect beta 1.0.0.  Little Navmap was on a client (a laptop), and of course Little Navconnect was on the host (my sim computer).  It was so easy to set-up, the instructions were perfect, and the connection was solid throughout my almost 90 minute flight.  I planned my flight using the GTN 750, and also created the flight plan in Little Navmap... the two created a perfectly plotted flight path.

Very impressive programs, Alex!  Thanks so much.

Greg

I did tried and it connects but for some reason it does not build a database.

I did tried and it connects but for some reason it does not build a database.

Hi Samaritano,

when you run both programs (Connect and Navmap) on the same computer there is not much to do except starting both and connecting.

You have to copy the database if you run Little Navmap on a separate client computer. That client computer doesn't even need a simulator.

See here for instructions.

You can send me the log file to my e-mail address if the program fails while building the database. A link to the log and the e-mail can be found in the about dialog.

I'll add a database download option in the program in the future. This manual copying is too annoying and error prone.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the explanation. I read the manual and still had doubts and then decide to post here.

Now I'm trying to build the database from the computer running P3D and I get this error.

I use Scenery ConfigEditor with "Groups" enable and I think Littlenavmap doesn't like it.

sEXVKcJ.jpg

Alex

Again, great stuff.. I am using this little NavMap as a panel gauge as in my setup I have a small screen mounted atop the yoke and in it I can display the main flight instruments plus the Little NavMap map as well as the flight path profile across the bottom of the screen. Its all extrememly handy stuff. however Im not sure if Ive got a problem with my set-up or not. No-one else has mentioned it, but when I am connected to FSX and I select a flight plan, from within LittleNavMap, the FSX program does not recognise that action and I have to duplicate the flight plan from Flight Planner option in FSX. As its still BETA, is that how its meant to work at present or have I got an issue to deal with.

Alex

Again, great stuff.. I am using this little NavMap as a panel gauge as in my setup I have a small screen mounted atop the yoke and in it I can display the main flight instruments plus the Little NavMap map as well as the flight path profile across the bottom of the screen. Its all extrememly handy stuff. however Im not sure if Ive got a problem with my set-up or not. No-one else has mentioned it, but when I am connected to FSX and I select a flight plan, from within LittleNavMap, the FSX program does not recognise that action and I have to duplicate the flight plan from Flight Planner option in FSX. As its still BETA, is that how its meant to work at present or have I got an issue to deal with.

Sorry, there is no automatic flight plan transfer between Navmap and FSX. You have to reload it in FSX if you change the flight plan in the Navmap.

But his looks like a good idea for a future release. :smile:

Alex

Alex, I'm currenty on Windows and I will only login to github via Linux, so a little bug report about Little Navmap here:

Some add-on scenery's installer added lines with "Texture_ID=" (without a number) to Scenery.CFG for those areas without a specific value.

Little Navmap 1.04 beta complains about this, because these empty values are no valid integers.

My workaround is "grep -vi 'Texture_ID=$' Scenery.CFG > littlenavmap-Scenery.CFG" and using the target file, but you might want to catch this one.

Thanks for creating this and distributing it as open source :)

Hi Samaritano,

this error was fixed in the 1.0.4.beta release. Can you check in the about dialog if you use this release?

Alex

Hello Alex,

I updated the program on the client PC but forgot to do it on the server PC where P3D resides. I just did an update and everything worked out fine. Thanks a lot for the neat program. :good:

Alex, I'm currenty on Windows and I will only login to github via Linux, so a little bug report about Little Navmap here:

Some add-on scenery's installer added lines with "Texture_ID=" (without a number) to Scenery.CFG for those areas without a specific value.

Little Navmap 1.04 beta complains about this, because these empty values are no valid integers.

My workaround is "grep -vi 'Texture_ID=$' Scenery.CFG > littlenavmap-Scenery.CFG" and using the target file, but you might want to catch this one.

Thanks for creating this and distributing it as open source :)

Hi Thomas,

I made the reading of the scenery.cfg now error tolerant. All invalid entries are now ignored. Seems I have to expect everything.

BTW: Most of the development time is spent on Linux. I only compile it on Windows for testing and releases from time to time.

That means that there is a Linux version which is quite well running. If someone is interested. :smile:

Hello Alex,

I updated the program on the client PC but forgot to do it on the server PC where P3D resides. I just did an update and everything worked out fine. Thanks a lot for the neat program. :good:

Hi Samaritano,

no problem. Glad it is working now.

Alex

Hi Thomas,

I made the reading of the scenery.cfg now error tolerant. All invalid entries are now ignored. Seems I have to expect everything.

BTW: Most of the development time is spent on Linux. I only compile it on Windows for testing and releases from time to time.

That means that there is a Linux version which is quite well running. If someone is interested. :smile:

Someone is, but ... uhm ... Qt5.5 is a bit new. The last time I compiled Qt myself was about a dozen years ago :)

Someone is, but ... uhm ... Qt5.5 is a bit new. The last time I compiled Qt myself was about a dozen years ago :)

There is already Qt 5.7. :smile:  I tried the newer version for some macOS fixes, but Marble did not compile.

But there's no need to compile it yourself. I'll try to add a Linux binary to one of the next releases.

Alex

• Upvote 1

There is already Qt 5.7. :smile:  I tried the newer version for some macOS fixes, but Marble did not compile.

But there's no need to compile it yourself. I'll try to add a Linux binary to one of the next releases.

OK, I tried it anyway: installed Qt5.7 from binary (amd64), Marble 16.08 compiled fine, atools needed release/2.0 branch (otherwise littlenavmap/release/1.0 compile aborts on something about setting email address), compiling littlenavmap (release/1.0) aborted later, but I don't know the exact error and can't check right now.

One thing I noted was that you hardcoded the path to marble includes to /home/alex/something, but manually specifying an include path with qmake worked fine.

Hi Thomas,

OK, I tried it anyway: installed Qt5.7 from binary (amd64), Marble 16.08 compiled fine, atools needed release/2.0 branch (otherwise littlenavmap/release/1.0 compile aborts on something about setting email address), compiling littlenavmap (release/1.0) aborted later, but I don't know the exact error and can't check right now.

One thing I noted was that you hardcoded the path to marble includes to /home/alex/something, but manually specifying an include path with qmake worked fine.

The hardcoded path has to be changed before compiling:

- Adapt the QT_BIN, GIT_BIN and MARBLE_BASE variables in "littlenavmap.pro".

There are for sure better approaches to configure this. I know, I know...

The branches depend on each other and I'm using an older Marble version, but newer ones should be ok.

Send me an email (it is in each and every source file :smile: ) to avoid going off-topic here.

Alex

Albar, I think guys like you do a great service to the community!

I just purchased an Electronic Flight Bag from Ailvasoft. AQ few people told me it was too expensive, blah, blah, blah. On the other hand the same friends say "WOW, you spend a ton of money printing out all those funny looking pictures you call charts! Whats a man to do?

In any event I love the whole concept of an EFB, and yes, it will save me quite a lot of money for toner and paper which I seemed to use more and more of. Lots of simmers out here are forced to operate on a slim budget, after all family/kids come first. Some day you may have to or want to charge a price for your efforts, understandable if it meets top standards. and yes your family/kids have to come first too.

Good Luck!

Baldy

Alex, I'm really enjoying this add on. I wanted to know if you have considered a "dark theme" to add to a future version. That will help us who sim at night and want to keep the wife off from my simpit. :Big Grin: