Hi Enrique, yes I got it. Give me a day or so to dig through the code and check how PSX can be attached before I answer.

Compiling the webkit is fine but I have to do it for three platforms, so I'm not really keen on it. I'd rather get Marble going without it.

I tried that and it did not work because cmake detects the webkit that comes with Ubuntu and produces a mess :fool:. I have to dig into cmake and find out how to disable that manually.

Alex

Superb! Thanks, Alex. Sorry I asked over here, but my e-mail has been acting funny lately!

Looking forward to your reply! 

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Nice little program.

I just installed and once I figured out how to connect all seems good.

I am working through some tests on it now.

Much thanks for your efforts.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yes, indeed, thank you for your efforts! I have this wonderful program running on my main gaming PC, a hardwired networked PC and a laptop via WiFi. Only tried it a couple of times, but everything seems to work well. This little gem has so many neat features! Looking forward to when/if AI aircraft can also be shown on the map.

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Looking forward to when/if AI aircraft can also be shown on the map.

Came back to the Forum to check on that very thing! 

I run Little Navmap for all my flight planning and navigation needs (the single-click function to put airport and navaid specifics in the Information box is a huge benefit - not to mention the richness of the data including the latest NOAA METAR) and I find I can see things easier when zoomed out than with the other popular map system but still use that when I want to see other traffic.  Just wanted to get my two-cents worth in about showing other traffic being a good feature to have (and IMHO once in place will cause many users of other map systems to move to Little Navmap).

Dan

Hi All,

first, thank you for the kinds words again.

Display of multiplayer traffic is most wanted feature so far (besides flight plan printing).

Both will appear in the next release. :smile:

Alex

Hi All,

first, thank you for the kinds words again.

Display of multiplayer traffic is most wanted feature so far (besides flight plan printing).

Both will appear in the next release. :smile:

Alex

:clapping: :clapping:  And the crowd gives a standing ovation - Then does their 'happy dance'  :dance:  :dance:  

Thanks Alex !!!!

Dan

very nice program thanks

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Wow! 

LITTLE navmap is very understated, this program is great!

Easy to use, nice to look at, very deep functionality, awesome integration of FS data and the first nice planing tool with a working "calculate a VOR flight plan" feature.

I love it, Thank you very much and Please keep up this great work!  :good:  :Applause:

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I'm curious as to how LittleNavMap compares to other GA IFR/VFR flight planners, specifically Plan-G.

If anyone has any experience with these 2 and could give me a rundown on which is better and why, I'd appreciate it!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm curious as to how LittleNavMap compares to other GA IFR/VFR flight planners, specifically Plan-G.

Given that they are both free I would recommend downloading and installing both.  You needs will dictate which you find most useful.

I used Plan-G for years with FSX but have recently switched to Little NavMap.  Mainly because I use the programs across a network and Plan-G crashes at least once every flight.  

As for a comparison, I haven't used Little NavMap enough to make an honest one..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

If anyone has any experience with these 2 and could give me a rundown on which is better and why, I'd appreciate it!

- I also have both on my pc, I dont want to deinstall Plan G but I like the interface of navmap more, and the general appearance of the mapfeatures.

- Plan G is crashing too often

- Navmap seems to be faster in general to me.

I also need more testing, but I think it is at last a question of taste. They both are free and they are both awesome!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I've been using Plan-G for a number of years, and started with Little Navmap after Shez posted about it in this thread.  For me:

- Plan-G was fine when MapQuest was free but that ended this summer.  It has been stable for me over the years but the networking has never been smooth or easy (like Ernie I know I'll have at least one disconnect each flight I run networked).

- Plan-G can be a challenge to network, Little Navmap (coupled with Little Navconnect) is easy and stable to network.

- Plan-G is user friendly, Little Navmap is user friendlier.

Both are very good planners but I'm quickly transitioning to Little Navmap.

Greg

I really like Little Navmap. I was wondering, I have been creating user waypoints by 'Adding Position to Flight Plan' or just dragging the flight plan line. Is it possible to edit the names of these waypoints to make them more meaningful instead of User 1, User 2 etc?

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE