I really like Little Navmap. I was wondering, I have been creating user waypoints by 'Adding Position to Flight Plan' or just dragging the flight plan line. Is it possible to edit the names of these waypoints to make them more meaningful instead of User 1, User 2 etc?

Hi Dave,

Another user just pointed me at this. I'll add this to the next version. Not a big deal.

Alex

Can you also add a feature to export the flight plan directly to the Garmin GTN 650/750 new flight plan format? This is taken from the manual that explains the format:

Flight Plan File Guidelines

Garmin uses a text based flight plan format that is derived from the IMI/IEI messages format specified in ARINC 702A-3. But that’s just a side note. Let’s take a look at the syntax of a usual Garmin flight plan: FPN/RI:F:AIRPORT:F:WAYPOINT:F:WAYPOINT.AIRWAY.WAYPOINT:F:AIRPORT Every flight plan always starts with the “FPN/RI” identifier. The “:F:” specifies the different flight plan segments. A flight plan segment can be the departure or arrival airport, a waypoint or a number of waypoints that are connected via airways. The entry and exit waypoint of an airway are connected to the airway via a dot “.”. The flight plan must be contained in the first line of the file. Anything after the first line will be discarded and may result in importing failures. Flight plans can only contain upper case letters, numbers, colons, parenthesis, commas and periods. Spaces or any other special characters are not allowed. When saved the flight plan name must have a “.gfp” extension.

Here's an example, it's basically a .txt file with the extension .gfp

FPN/RI:F:KTEB:F:LGA.J70.JFK.J79.HOFFI.J121.HTO.J150.OFTUR:F:KMVY

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Aaron,

Can you also add a feature to export the flight plan directly to the Garmin GTN 650/750 new flight plan format? This is taken from the manual that explains the format:

Flight Plan File Guidelines

Garmin uses a text based flight plan format that is derived from the IMI/IEI messages format specified in ARINC 702A-3. But that’s just a side note. Let’s take a look at the syntax of a usual Garmin flight plan: FPN/RI:F:AIRPORT:F:WAYPOINT:F:WAYPOINT.AIRWAY.WAYPOINT:F:AIRPORT Every flight plan always starts with the “FPN/RI” identifier. The “:F:” specifies the different flight plan segments. A flight plan segment can be the departure or arrival airport, a waypoint or a number of waypoints that are connected via airways. The entry and exit waypoint of an airway are connected to the airway via a dot “.”. The flight plan must be contained in the first line of the file. Anything after the first line will be discarded and may result in importing failures. Flight plans can only contain upper case letters, numbers, colons, parenthesis, commas and periods. Spaces or any other special characters are not allowed. When saved the flight plan name must have a “.gfp” extension.

Here's an example, it's basically a .txt file with the extension .gfp

FPN/RI:F:KTEB:F:LGA.J70.JFK.J79.HOFFI.J121.HTO.J150.OFTUR:F:KMVY

Doesn't look so difficult but I guess these units do not use FS stock data.

So it would not make much sense until I add support for AIRAC cycles as far as I understand.

The AIRAC support is planned, so I just added this idea to my ticket list too.

Alex

• Upvote 2

Thanks Alex! Would love to see this feature in LittleNavMap. I'm liking this much better than Plan-G. It's better to use over the network.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It's been very quiet for the past few days.  Anything new?

As soon as LNM has other traffic displayed I'll be using it exclusively (only use Plan-G to track traffic at this point - weather, airport info, navaid info and other features are far better in LNM.  Hope to see this soon!

Dan

As I mostly fly multiplayer, I too am awaiting the update that will show 'AI' traffic aka 'multiplayer traffic'.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

As I mostly fly multiplayer, I too am awaiting the update that will show 'AI' traffic aka 'multiplayer traffic'.

Absolutely!  So important for the online pilots like us.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Gents,

It's good when it is silent here. That means I'm working on the program and I've been pretty busy the last days. :smile:

AI/multiplayer traffic is looking good so far although I did not test it with some real online traffic yet.

The program can now connect directly to a flight simulator. Navconnect is now only needed for remote connections.

Autoconnect now permanently tries to connect to the sim/Navconnect so the start order of programs does not matter now.

Much more ...

Just as a reminder: The next release will not show Vatsim/IVAO centers yet. I think the traffic display is the most important feature for now.

I'll post here in a few days when I've got something to show.

Alex

Gents,

It's good when it is silent here. That means I'm working on the program and I've been pretty busy the last days. :smile:

AI/multiplayer traffic is looking good so far although I did not test it with some real online traffic yet.

The program can now connect directly to a flight simulator. Navconnect is now only needed for remote connections.

Autoconnect now permanently tries to connect to the sim/Navconnect so the start order of programs does not matter now.

Much more ...

Just as a reminder: The next release will not show Vatsim/IVAO centers yet. I think the traffic display is the most important feature for now.

I'll post here in a few days when I've got something to show.

Alex

Alex,

Sounds like a lot of progress. Thanks very much for your hard work and dedication!

Myself, Dan (TxHills above), and others I'm sure, are certainly willing to run any tests you

think would help. You have a lot of simmers very excited about LNM.

Al

Hi this program looks amazing can you use it on the iPad.

Thanks

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi this program looks amazing can you use it on the iPad.

Thanks

Hi Jim,

no, you cannot use it on the iPad. Theoretically it could be ported to iOS, but that would be a big effort.

Alex

Why not use air display or duet to make iPad into a second monitor and slide little navmap over?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

A Twitch user named Styggron made a nice review video:

The Incompetent Pilot Episode 27

In the meantime I'm working on the AI and multiplayer traffic. :smile:

Alex

Hello Alex

Thank you so much for the mention. I do indeed tell everyone I can when I stream my fights about LittleNavMap. I would say there is no other tool that has everything it does. I fly offline so the offline support is vital for me, the offline maps etc all brilliant.

The first thing I tried to do was undock the map but found the is the only window that cannot be undocked. Would be fantastic if this could also be undocked.

One of the amazing features is I can zoom in on an airport and see the parking areas and the map. That is just utterly brilliant ! The interface is just amazing. Really intuitive.

I originally had troluble moving waypoints because I could not drag them but I found I had to click on them. I found it does not keep them the same name, it just goes up a number eg user1 user 2. No biggie....everything works brilliantly.

I do have a question if I may. With onlineflightplanner.org if you are flying an airliner, that works out all the jetways and waypoints, eg: EGPE SID FINDO UL613 TLA etc

LNV does not do these yet does it ? I know you are looking at AIRAC support, I'm on 1511 and that is where it will stay permanently as I don't need updates I never fly online. I mainly fly GA and Warbirds. :)

Thank you again for your fantastic product, I will keep telling people about it because all flight simmers need to know how amazing it is. Thank you for taking the time to create it. You're fantastic. :)

Hi styggron,

I'm also a big fan of LNM and Alex's work.

In the next release you will be able to create a flight plan from a "route string" as per you post " ... With onlineflightplanner.org if you are flying an airliner, that works out all the jetways and waypoints, eg: EGPE SID FINDO UL613 TLA etc" . Simply copy this string from any online flight planner and LNM will decode it to create the flight plan.

​I'm using this all the time in the beta I'm testing and it works well.

Kind regards,