Alex, this 'little' tool is incredible! I've only had a short amount of time to dig into its features and functions but to say I'm amazed would be an understatement.

As a long time user (8+ years) of other planners (both payware and free) this combines the best of all three major ones and fills in some features that the others were missing.

I have listed your tool along with other pertinent data in my VA forums and at other VA's where I'm a member with my recommendation for its use. 

Thank you for the time and effort you've put into this! I'm hooked and will be using LNM exclusively for my flight planning and map from this point on and will continue informing others of your incredible work. You've done an amazing service for the FS community!

Thank You for this great Tool.   just a couple of questions :

How do I 'keep Map on Top' of Sim Window?

Am I Able to click and drag Aircraft to another location?

Thank you again,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

6 hours ago, tpollen said:

How do I 'keep Map on Top' of Sim Window?

There is no function for that in Little Navmap. Maybe some other tools can do that. A quick search revealed these which could work in windowed mode. And there is no way to put the window in front when using fullscreen.

You can use a cheap and lousy second monitor for display. That is the setup I'm using for flying. Or dig out an old and slow notebook and use a networked setup.

7 hours ago, tpollen said:

Am I Able to click and drag Aircraft to another location?

No, not yet. This functionality is planned.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hi Alex,

I'd also like to add my thanks for your great utility. I used to use FSEarth but Luciano doesn't appear to want to update it for P3D.

I was pointed to your this afternoon and it's absolutely brilliant. I would happily make a donation but I see you want it to remain freeware. Kudos to you sir. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

thank you.

I'll probably rethink my donation policy since I have to buy X-Plane, P3D and other stuff just for testing. :smile:

Anyway, the donations will be voluntary and the program will remain freeware.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hi Alex. Yes, please do. I'm sure many would like to reward you for your efforts.

Whilst I have your ear could I make a suggestion? If a flight plan is loaded in P3D could you detect that and load it automatically into Little NavMap? Just like AS16 does.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

just dived into the SimConnect documentation and found out that this is doable.

The transfer can work in both directions. LNM to FS and back. 

The usual disclaimer: Don't ask when.:smile:

Next version 1.6 is X-Plane stuff only and after that 1.8 with a lot of improvements like this one.

Alex

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Ray,

thank you.

I'll probably rethink my donation policy since I have to buy X-Plane, P3D and other stuff just for testing. :smile:

Anyway, the donations will be voluntary and the program will remain freeware.

Alex

Please do add a donation option for Little Navmap Alex.  What a wonderful add-on.  I'm always happy to contribute for the work folks like you put into making our hobby better and more enjoyable.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Hi Alex,

When I loaded a plan into Electronic Flight Bag by Avliasoft this morning it generated an error and after some head-scratching it turned out it objected to this comment added by LNM...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <!-- LNMDATA
         _lnm=Created by Little Navmap Version 1.4.3 (revision 7359ce8) on 05 July 2017 11:44:02|
         speed=100.0000
-->
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>ENGM to EGLL</Title>

It's possible I inadvertently changed something in the plan which was then saved and subsequently rejected by EFB. Can you advise under what circumstances you would add this comment please?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

sorry, known problem. EFB cannot digest these files although I only add a perfectly valid XML comment ( <!-- ... --> ) which works with FSX/P3D and other applications.

Use  menu "File" -> "Export clean Flight Plan" to save a PLN file without this comment.

Alex