Hi Scott,

regarding the Bahamas: Check if the right scenery.cfg file is selected in the loading dialog. Maybe it still points to the v3 one while the drop down list says v4. What path is shown in the information window if you click on the Bahamas airport? Maybe this can give a hint. You can also search through the log file to see where this is coming from.

KLGA: You can also dig through the log file of a loading session or send it to me. Maybe an error or inconsistency in the add-on.xml? Can you post the path and the file or send me the file by email?

All the best,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Doh - your airport window tells you exactly where it finds the scenery (path) - lol - you've thought of everything... ORBX Open LC was the issue - I didn't realize they included flattens in that as well - I thought they were only in Vector - so that gave me the false positive... Excluded OLNA and fixed... 

Will do - let me gather the info on KLGA...

Thanks so much !!!

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Alex,

Thanks once again. All is well.

Your help is much appreciated.

Rolf

Hi Alex,

It seems Imaginesim places the scenery outside a normal directory - I have it on my E: drive - not the OS drive - and there is no entry in my "Documents" folder like other XML entries... It seems it's listed in the default P3Dv4 "addon.xml" that then points to another "addon.xml" in the Imaginsim scenery directory... It's funny - because I can't activate/deactivate this via the scenery sets either... Does this help ? I suspect this is a rogue setup ?

2pobaep.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't read the default P3Dv4 "addon.xml" yet. Seems I have to.

As a workaround you can copy the KLGA add-on.xml to the "...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder. That is the only place I'm looking for scenery.

Alex

37 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Hi Scott

Hi Alex,

Understood - I'll give it a shot when I get in next weekend...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

I have searched through the comments here to see if I have been doing something wrong. I have Version 1.8.2 of this great programme installed for XP 11.0.11.1 & must say that after using Aviasoft EFB for years this is so far ahead of anything else available.

The only thing that seems to be missing is airport parking, runways etc which I believe from looking at the legend should be visible. All that I get are white rectangles surrounding the runways (pix attached).

The beauty of LNM is the fact I can shift it over to a second screen (just like the LM map) while others overlay the main screen with or without transparent backing & I find that annoying particularly on VATSIM when negotiating a different airport.

I have reloaded the Scenic Library & get the following message :- "Found 4634 errors in 1 scene entries".

Should I reload the programme or is there another fix?

QSpvdlC.jpg

Hi,

you enabled Navigraph data only which has no aprons and no parking information. See here in the manual for more information about the navdata display modes.

The 4634 errors you get when reloading the scenery library are already fixed. The latest is 1.8.5. See pinned post in this forum or here on my page.

Alex

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. Problem solved & the taxiways etc are visible. Used the 1.8.5 version and no errors.

I plead guilty for not reading the manual closely before using the programme, my poor excuse is that I was in a hurry to try this add on & got carried away with all the options. Just what I needed after switching to X-Plane.

Vielen dank

Guten Tag wieder,

I am not sure whether I am missing something, but should I be able to see existing waypoints around a flight path (apart from those generated), when the button with the pink? triangle is active?

I have no trouble creating "user generated" waypoints which are appropriately named eg. WP7 or can be renamed, however I have sometimes wanted to add an existing waypoint into the flight plan before the approach or departure to vary the path. I have referred to the extensive tutorials but cannot find anything that may give me an answer. I assume they are supposed to appear as small triangles here & there on the map. No problems seeing VORs,NDBs Airports etc.

For your info my Scenic Library uses Navigraph for Navaids & Procedures following your earlier advice to show Airport Runways.

This is such a great product & I just can't fly without it :biggrin:

Danke vielmals

10 hours ago, Spag said:

I am not sure whether I am missing something, but should I be able to see existing waypoints around a flight path (apart from those generated), when the button with the pink? triangle is active?

Yes. Absolutely. Zoom in deeper or increase details. This includes the X-Plane user defined waypoints (user_wpt.dat) which should also show up in the search. But only if Navigraph is disabled since this overrides all X-Plane navdata.

10 hours ago, Spag said:

I have no trouble creating "user generated" waypoints which are appropriately named eg. WP7 or can be renamed, however I have sometimes wanted to add an existing waypoint into the flight plan before the approach or departure to vary the path. I have referred to the extensive tutorials but cannot find anything that may give me an answer.

Right click on an airport, waypoint or any navaid on the map and select "Add ... to Flight Plan". It will be inserted into the closest flight plan leg. Or, edit it on the map: "Flight Plan" -> "Edit Flight Plan on Map".

10 hours ago, Spag said:

For your info my Scenic Library uses Navigraph for Navaids & Procedures following your earlier advice to show Airport Runways.

That's the default mode. You won't see your user defined waypoints as stated above. Sorry, this is a limitation that will be fixed with the next update.

Viele Grüße

Alex

Hallo wieder,

Wow! that was so easy. I had the map details turned back too far. Unfortunately I am a slow learner & now realize that ctrl - + is my friend:mellow:

Excellent add on. My donation will be forwarded shortly.

Danke nochmal

Hi Alex, 

Congratulations on creating such a wonderful program. I've just started using it and the exceptionally detailed manual has me busy through the cruise phases in many virtual flights. I've configured the program to my liking but I was unable to find any mention of VATSIM ATC data in the manual and in this thread. I can see all the aircraft that are online on the network but haven't yet found a way to display the online ATC on the map.

Has this already been implemented or is it part of your future features list?

Thanks again for all your hard work and keeping it free!