9 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Ged,

If unaware - when you perform the scan of your scenery.cfg - you need ALL your airports enabled (if you routinely disable some) - also - you need to scan again every time you add an airport (scenery.cfg is changed)...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, thanks for reply. Yes, I wondered that and went into P3D and made sure, for the purpose of seeing all my add airports in Littlenavmap, ticked all scenery boxes. I notice some of them are pre-filled and solid background, while others can be selected or deselected. I also then went into Littlenavmap>Scenery Library>load Scenery and ran it again. I notice that it has the, read inactive scenery entries not ticked and the, read prepar 3D add-on.xml packages ticked. So, I presume this is correct. It found some 2006 files and 24,581 airports.

Ged 

Geoff Bryce

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Ged,

the airport labels should be italic if they are recognized as add-on airports.

Try View -> "Reset Display Settings".

Did you exclude the airports from add-on recognition accidentally? Options -> tab "Scenery Library Database": Check if the lower list is empty.

Alex

Hi Alex, Yes, I noticed the display had these add-on airports in italics. I tried the Reset Display Settings, but no change. And looked at the Scenery Library database and both lists are empty.

I need to look at why  the Aerosoft(oops, it is a ORBX) LOWI is not displaying as per the force map to show add on airports, and say other ORBX are the same scenery location paths . Maybe for some reason, this airport has been installed differently..I need to look deeper. Is there a debug type log file to indicate if any airport etc had an issue?

Ged

Edited by por930

Geoff Bryce

OK, I have found a few differences.

When using the force add on button, and by applying a higher zoom of the map, LOWI appears.

Also, some of the add-on airports have a different path, eg, some are located in E:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_AA_LOWI\Scenery\Westsim_Innsbruck_APX.BGL(but some with this type of path show) And the other path I see is, E:\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\ZurichX\scenery\APX_LSZH>BGL and these appear as well...

So, at present, it seems to be a zoom issue, for some reason. I will just have to remember to zoom at a higher level to see some addon scenery when using the force add on button.

Ged  

Edited by por930

Geoff Bryce

Ged,

zoom is a bit restrictive regarding airports and navaids to avoid map overload. This is for NA where airfields are plenty and makes less sense for Greenland. This is a limitation I hope to fix it in a future release.

You can also increase map details instead of zooming in and the airports will show up earlier.

Alex

Thanks Alex, it is no problem what so ever, I was just curious if I had loaded some scenery incorrectly, because some worked and some didn't. I have another question, but will do a new post.

Ged

Geoff Bryce

I always seem to have a problem with the logic(mine no doubt) of inserting airways into my plans. For example, I want to conduct a flight LOWI-EGLL Will use r/w 26 and SID MOGT1X, which deposits me at MOGTI. I then want to UP66 to KPT and then UL608 to TEDGO etc to EGLL. I don't seem to understand how to insert this string into the plan. It would be great if there was a right click helper that when you landed on a waypoint, that had airways, and it said, ok you can use this waypoint on this airway to ...Yeah, I know, that is a monster to code...Anyway, back to my issue, how do I get onto the airways. Rubber banding moves you between points along the airway, but does not seem to give me the option of selecting the airway underneath me...

I am sure there is an easy solution, it just eludes me at present.

Ged

Geoff Bryce

Hi Ged,

three ways to get this done:

• Ctr+Shift+N and  then enter the route description manually: LOWI MOGT1X MOGTI UP66 KPT UL608 TEDGO EGLL
  • Select departure, destination, SID, STAR and whatever and then use calculate flight plan. This will probably not use exactly your preferred airways but you will get a valid shortest flight plan.
  • Enter LOWI, MOGT1X, MOGTI and KPT to the flight plan. Doesn't matter how. Then select MOGTI and KPT in the flight plan table and use context menu "Calculate for selected legs". This will calculate a flight plan between these two waypoints and all intermediate waypoints to the table. This does not necessarily use UP66.

What you propose is not monster code and certainly doable. I thinking already about functionality for half manual flight planning.

Alex

BTW: This thread is getting a bit out of control. Will close soon. Please start new threads for issues, suggestions or questions.

It helps people with similar problems to find solutions.

Alex

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

BTW: This thread is getting a bit out of control. Will close soon. Please start new threads for issues, suggestions or questions.

It helps people with similar problems to find solutions.

Alex

My apologies Alex, I saw where everyone piled in this thread and requests help, and that the "start new topic" looked grayed out, while in fact, when I tried the link, it does create a new topic. In future, I will create a new topic for each question, where this is not a current thread on topic operating.  

Ged

Geoff Bryce

Ged,

no need to apologize. This was not aimed at you.

Send me a PM or mail if you cannot create new topics. I also noticed that I have to enable posts from time to time. No idea why. Also PM me if your posts don't show up.

Alex