Shez,

Little Navmap does not load any scenery that is deactivated.

Create a copy of the "scenery.cfg" which has all sceneries enabled if you want to see all of your add-on airports.

Then select this file manually in the "Load Scenery Library" dialog and reload the database.

Alex

That works perfectly! Proud to have been the original poster on this thread. It has grown into an even better program.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Alex,

Just discovered this FANTASTIC little program... WOW - I've seen it discussed - but never took the time - my loss... THANKS so much for all your very obvious efforts on this - superb - sir...

I really like the feature where you can display only those airports you have addon scenery for - makes flight planning a breeze...

Question: I fly with FltPlan GO to have the moving map on my iPad - therefore I need to export the flightplan so I can load it there as well... I see where to export to clipboard - but the export includes the "DCT" term for Direct To - I have to delete these... Is there anyway to display the full flight plan without the DCT so I can do a quick cut and paste ? I also have to delete the airports on both ends for input into FltPlan - so if we had the string displayed where I could cut what I want would be the preferred method... Just my two cents - please take it for what it's worth...

Thanks again...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

glad you like it. :smile:

Sorry for the late answer. The e-mail notification is a bit unreliable.I better have a look at the forum from time to time.

I think it is not a big task to add some options to omit DCT, departure and destination in the next release. Will do that.

Can't FltPlan GO import the FSX/P3D PLN files?

I see they support FSX. 

Best,

Alex

Hi Alex,

No worries...

:smile:

Yeah - FltPlan GO does support FSX/P3D/XP - however - to the best of my knowledge - they don't read flight plans - it's simply an interface they built to pass GPS data from your sim of choice to FltPlan GO... I believe you have to go through their web page or FltPlan GO to create flight plans - just as you would for real world flights... One other reason to use their site is they have fuel/performance profiles built for just about every GA and Bizjet aircraft ever made... The downside - the the FltPlan GO mobile app appears to be only available in North America - it's a shame too because it's the only FREE source of geo-referenced approach plates anywhere in the world I'm aware of...

No biggie - either way - I can simply paste to a text file and delete the DCT's... Appreciate the consideration though...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have to echo Scott, just the other day I was thinking that there has to be a better way to get a listing of all my payware airports other than using Scenery Config Editor, surely I'm not the only person that desires to fly from payware to payware.  Then I stumbled on this app and noticed the airport icons on the screen shot and thought.. COULD THIS BE IT?  YES!  This feature alone will probably have my other flight planners collecting bit dust.  Just taking a look at the world now it's surprising how many airports are out there that haven't been hit by the zombie apocalypse and may be worth a visit. Not only did you make it convenient to find them but you also listed the facilities so it's easy to see what level of development they offer if any from a serious add-on, PERFECT!  I have yet to scratch the surface on this program but already, you've hit a home run here and I wanted to thank you for you work and this awesome app!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the kind words. :smile:

All this lack of information on airports is was just one thing that inspired me to create this program. 

You can also search for special add-on airports if you (ab)use the "Scenery Path". I can find all my New Zealand airports by looking for *ftx_nzsi* in the path for example.

Alex

• Upvote 1

I just have to say albar965, this program is exactly what I've been looking for. I've tried a few flight planners and Little Navplanner is, by far, the absolute best I've seen.

It does *almost (see below :biggrin:) everything I want it to do and it does it extremely well without stressing my "craptop" to the point that FSX won't function. I honestly can't believe how easy this planner is on resources considering all of the information it gives me.

Some of this stuff may have already been covered in this thread and I missed it but here's my wishlist for Little Navplanner:

• One of my pleasures with FSX is following my favourite sports teams around North America with my Lionheart Epic Victory. In one of the other flight planners I use (...well, used to use...lol), I have the ability to 1) search for addresses for stadiums, etc, and 2) create a user POI (point of interest) that stays in the database. When creating that POI, I have the ability to put tags in the entry, etc, So, when it comes time to plan the flight, I set my departure point, search the stadium or whatever, and set my arrival point then build the plan. Any or all of these abilities would be amazing.
  • I might be missing something, but a actual connect/disconnect button somewhere in the tool menu. The short keys are fine but I think a button would be better.
  • As mentioned earlier, I run FSX and Little Navplanner on my craptop. I have a 27" monitor connected to it and that's the main window for FSX (borderless windowed mode), and Little Flightplanner on the craptop display. Something that has always bothered me is when I take FSX out of focus and go to any other window (other flight planners, whatever) is I lose sound from FSX as I have it set to not pause when I go somewhere else. If I could keep the sound from FSX somehow when I go tinkering around in Little Navplanner I would be a happy sim-pilot. :biggrin:

Regardless of whether or not any or all of these features are incorporated, I will continue to use Little Navplanner for all of my flights. I absolutely love it! Keep put the good work.

*Edited to add - I forgot I had a question. I'm constantly adding new airports (freeware and payware). Every time I'm flying to a new location I search all the usual places to see if there's add on for it. With that in mind, here's the question - Do I need to rescan the scenery location every time I add a new airport, or does Little Navplanner do that on startup?

Edited by BEARlyThereCDN
*Edited to add - I forgot to ask the above question
  • Upvote 1

Hi BEARly,

thank you for the nice words.

Regarding the wishlist:

Searching addresses, stadiums or points of interest in general: That is doable. I could add a search using free OpenStreetMap online services. A bookmarks function is on the task list too. I cannot promise when the new features will be added. The bookmarks are quite high on the list though.

The disconnect button: Normally not needed and I'm about to run out of space in the toolbars. I use the autoconnect feature all the time which is working quite well for local and remote connections.  Start order of programs doesn't matter if you use the autoconnect.

About the sound drop: Sorry, I cannot do anything about that. I use FSX too and it really bugs me as well. BTW: Prepar3D has an option to continue the sound when the simulator window is deactivated.

Your question: You should reload the scenery library whenever you add an airport. Not required but it is nice to see the updated runways and taxiways on the map.

You can add all scenery directories that do not contain airports or navaids on the exclude list in the dialog "Options" on the "Scenery Library Tab" to speed up the loading. Directories containing only landclass and elevation can be excluded for sure. See here in the manual.

Alex

Oh, man, albar965, that's awesome news about the search and bookmarks! As for the connect/disconnect button, I started using auto connect and paid attention this time...lol...I thought that Little Navmap would keep trying to connect to the sim even if it wasn't running because, again, slow craptop computer, I'm always worried about apps trying to do things in the background eating resources for no reason when I'm trying to render a graphic or something. I messed around with it today and didn't notice Little Navmap doing anything it didn't need to do when I was working in another program. So, great job on that.

Yeah the sound issue. I'm going to do a hardcore search on the interwebz. There has to be something that can be done with FSX if it can be done with P3D since it's basically the same code. If I find something I'll let you know. :wink:

If you ever need any help beta testing, please let me know. I'd be happy to help any way I can.

On 4/1/2017 at 11:52 AM, BEARlyThereCDN said:

Something that has always bothered me is when I take FSX out of focus and go to any other window (other flight planners, whatever)

Known issue with FSX that is not unique to Little Navmap.  

The easiest, though not the least expensive solution that I have found is Flight1 Soundstream.  Unfortunately, it only works with FSX Boxed.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi BEARly,

regarding sound: I know that there is a program from Flight1 that does that. See here

and check your PM. :smile:

Alex

Edited by albar965
Ernie was faster.

1 hour ago, airernie said:

Known issue with FSX that is not unique to Little Navmap.  

The easiest, though not the least expensive solution that I have found is Flight1 Soundstream.  Unfortunately, it only works with FSX Boxed.

Ernie

Yes, thank you airernie, I found that as well. When I have some time I'll contact Flight1 and see if they're going to support the FSX:SE version.

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Hi BEARly,

regarding sound: I know that there is a program from Flight1 that does that. See here

and check your PM. :smile:

Alex

Got it albar965, and email sent.

Any update of the addition of airspace to the map display?  Just found LNM and have started using it in P3D.  

Regards,

Danny

Danny