3 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Hi Ray,

sorry, known problem. EFB cannot digest these files although I only add a perfectly valid XML comment ( <!-- ... --> ) which works with FSX/P3D and other applications.

Use  menu "File" -> "Export clean Flight Plan" to save a PLN file without this comment.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the solution. But is this comment added automatically when I load the plan into LNM or only if the user changes something?

I have already pointed out in my post on the EFB forum about it rejecting a plan even with a valid comment section. But as they say, prevention is better than cure. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks for the solution. But is this comment added automatically when I load the plan into LNM or only if the user changes something?

It is added only when you save a new or modified plan. The comment contains information about the selected cruise speed and also selected approaches and transitions. This  information cannot be saved in PLN files and I thought the comment can be useful to "extend" the format.

I was not keen for adding my very own flight plan format since I always thought of this as a nuisance in other programs. Therefore I decided to "extend" it.

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have already pointed out in my post on the EFB forum about it rejecting a plan even with a valid comment section. But as they say, prevention is better than cure.

PLN is XML and that is a standard which allows comments. If P3D and FSX can deal with it, well ...

Alex

Thanks Alex, that clears thing up nicely. I must have inadvertently changed something and then opted to save when prompted.

On your final point yes, I agree EFB appears to be at fault. Not only that but the obscure error message and resultant garbage produced by it is totally meaningless to the user.  I have yet to receive a reply from Urs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Alex,

I had a discussion with Urs today about the comment in a XML flight plan causing EFB to crash. He doesn't allow for comments in his program so it has to be removed before loading. It's unlikely I'll be making any changes to a plan in Little Navmap so this shouldn't happen again.

So a reminder to anyone using EFB and Little Navmap...

*** Remove any comments in your flight plan before loading it into EFB ***

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Or use Use  menu "File" -> "Export clean Flight Plan" to save a flight plan file without this comment. :smile:

Alex

Only required if I make a change to the plan in LNM which is unlikely. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Alex

This Software is getting better and better.

However there's something about altitude I can't find how to do.

The question is if it's possible to change in the flight plan the altitude of each waypoint as you can do in other programs.

Lately I'm planning some VFR flights, and I find pretty interesting to be able to change the altitude of each waypoint.

Is it porssible right now? and if not, Is there any chance to be able do it?

Thanks for your software. It's really good.

Greetings.

Thousand of Thanks

2 minutes ago, papelino said:

Lately I'm planning some VFR flights, and I find pretty interesting to be able to change the altitude of each waypoint.

Hi,

Just a fellow user, but why would you want to having varying altitudes?  

Ernest Pergrem

39 minutes ago, airernie said:

Hi,

Just a fellow user, but why would you want to having varying altitudes?  

Hi Donor.

The reason for that is because of VFR flights.

I don't know why, but in the vertical flight plan profile, the altitude of the departure airport is the generic altitude selected instead of the airport altitude.

Hi Alex,

i noticed that whilst it has a ToD point there's no ToC one so even with reheats on I'm struggling to get to FL600 at my first waypoint. :biggrin:

Any particular reason it doesn't calculate a ToC point?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,

18 hours ago, papelino said:

The question is if it's possible to change in the flight plan the altitude of each waypoint as you can do in other programs.

Nope. The only application of varying altitude might be step climbs. But that is an enhancement for the distant future.

18 hours ago, papelino said:

I don't know why, but in the vertical flight plan profile, the altitude of the departure airport is the generic altitude selected instead of the airport altitude.

Right, it uses the flight plan cruise altitude and no ToC yet, since ...

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Any particular reason it doesn't calculate a ToC point?

... there are no aircraft performance profiles yet, sorry. I'd like to have this feature too for better fuel and travel time calculation.

I think about moving the ToD rule to the flight plan window since it goes on my nerves to open the options dialog every time I change the aircraft. Maybe I can add a simplified climb rule and a ToC display too. Have to see.

Alex

Hi Alex,

The lack of a climb profile is not a major concern for me. But what would be helpful is if Little NavMap could automatically centre the map on my aircraft once connection has been established. A custom zoom value would also be helpful instead of having to zoom in from the whole world.

And perhaps the current aircraft location becomes 'Home' automatically.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But what would be helpful is if Little NavMap could automatically centre the map on my aircraft once connection has been established.

It already does. Menu "Map" -> "Center Aircraft" or the toolbar. There is more around this in the options dialog on tab "Simulator Aircraft".

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And perhaps the current aircraft location becomes 'Home' automatically.

Blue "Map" text in the dock window "Simulator Aircraft" is a link and zooms to the current position.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I'll do more digging.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Alex.

Is there anyway right now of adding user points and save them?

I'm talking about saving notification points for VFR.

Thanks.