Hi Captain420,

I'm not sure if this will work with the RealityXP GPS as neither Alex or I own this add-on. However it would be easy for you to test by "Saving the Flight Plan in gfp format" and following the instructions on loading it into the RealityXP GPS (assuming you can import a flight plan into this unit).

I can confirm it works perfectly with the Flight1 GTN 750/650.

Little Navmap has not currently been developed for X-Plane 10/11 and it would be a very significant amount of work considering the vast differences in the scenery file formats and many other factors. However I'm sure it is something Alex will consider in the future.

Kind regards

• Upvote 1

Hello!

I use now the Beta Version 1.2.2 - created the database (which is now significant faster from 36min to 11min) but the serchfunction is not working anymore. I am able to type in in ICAO - LOWW for example, but it shows no results. On map all infos are still there, all airports and VORs and so on.

By the way, is it okay to ask here for help regarding Little Navmap? Have not found another forum.

Thank you for this awesome tool, it guides me and the connie around the world!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi Klaus,

This is the right forum to get help with Little Navmap.

This is has happened to me in the past and I've found that I've accidentally left some text in one of the other search boxes or I've changed some of the other search criteria and then nothing shows up.

Hope I've explained this properly.

Hi Klaus,

This is the right forum to get help with Little Navmap.

This is has happened to me in the past and I've found that I've accidentally left some text in one of the other search boxes or I've changed some of the other search criteria and then nothing shows up.

Hope I've explained this properly.

Ah thank you, now all things work again. I didnt know about the thing with the "tri state" checkboxes and CTRL+R to reset it! Thats nice

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

A handy feature for the future would be the ability to move your a/c to a click spot on the map, AND be able to specify the altitude (and maybe the heading) as well. This would be useful for things like re-flying an approach,etc.

Thx,

Al

Hello again!

I tried to load a flightplan from Little Navmap into the F1 GTN 750, but it dont worked. I think I could not find the right Folder where gfp flight plan goes into. 

In your manual it says: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\F1TGTN\FPL

but as I use FSX I have put it into. E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\F1GTN\FPL 

but I had to create the FPL folder for myself because there was none. But at this point I already thought this could not be right because I have some old fltplns stored in the GTN. I looked for it, but I am unable to find the right folder.

Will it work with FSX?

Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi Klaus,

"E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\F1GTN\FPL" looks about right to me.

Maybe the GTN still looks for the default FSX installation folder like

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\F1GTN\FPL"?

It should work with the GTN in FSX too.

At the end it is just a text file that is saved somewhere. Does not make a difference if FSX or P3D is used.

Alex

Edited by albar965
  • Upvote 1

Maybe the GTN still looks for the default FSX installation folder like

It was a good hint, but the Microsoft Games folder is empty... to make it more weird: I searched the whole PC via the explorer for .gfp files (because I know I have saved plans on the GTN) but it only found the one I created via Little Navmap - I parked it on my desktop.

No clue where it could be  :unknw:

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The Windows search does not look for files in hidden or system directories as far as I know. Probably depends on settings. I usually use another tool for that.

What if you create a new flight plan in the GTN and save it?

Alex

I will create a new one and search again next time!

What tool do you use for searching such files?

Thank you for helping!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi Alex,

I, and also a friend (both running Win10), can't see to control or resize the different LNM windows (ver 1.2.4). As soon as we 'let go' of a window, it pops back to full screen size. Re-downloading and reinstalling hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

I also can't seem to get back to the original ver 1.2.4 default windows despite 'reinstalling'. The current window definitions ( that I've apparently managed to make a mess of) are probably being reused, but I don't know where the definitions are stored to delete them.

Thx,

Al

Hi Al,

all the configuration files are mentioned in the manual. Reinstalling does not help. You have to delete or rename the configuration files.

You can rename or remove

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap.ini

this contains the window positions.

When you drag a dock window over the main window (the one with toolbar and menus) it will always try to snap back into position. So it is almost impossible to detach a dock if the main window is maximized. But you can double click the small window title of a dock window and it will detach. Then resize the dock instead of moving it around.

Another trick is to press the Ctrl key *before* clicking on the title bar of a dock. This will prevent it from snapping back into the main and you can move it around in detached state.

You should also check if you created a dock stack when you miss dock windows. Look for tabs at the bottom of a window that indicates a stack of docked windows. You can simply drag the docks out of this stack.

I'll add a "Reset View" function to the next version and explain this better in the manual.

Klaus,

I'm using Double Commander as a file manager. A quite powerful tool and despite being beta forever it is stable.

Alex

Edited by albar965
Mentioned stack

Klaus, I believe your GTN flight plans are in your FSX root directory. Mine is  FSX/F1GTN/FPL/.gfp

Hello,

remember when using the GTN-750 any flight plans you install

will never save to GFP or any other file on your hard drive

the flight plans are coded into the GTN-750 gauge

If you want to try a freeware file searcher try UltrlaSearch

it is so quick that in all the years of using search engines

back to 1984 this is the best

it will find thousands of files in a few seconds

Tony