14 hours ago, sbclark said:

Maybe the users of LittleNav Map need to start a thread on Navigraph to encourage them to support your product? These databases are essential for flying airliners.

Hi Bill,  why not. A friendly reminder could not harm.

I even sent them a link to my current development version. They know it has grown into something more than a simple VFR flight planner. 

14 hours ago, sbclark said:

One more important item. I have used both Navigraph and NavDataPro, and one of the major differences, is that Navigraph seems to provide more RNAV approaches in the USA than NavDataPro. Both are good sources, however, one is more USA centric, and the other more European.

Thank you for the information. I didn't know that. I think I will add support for both anyway.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

But why not just use a standard format like PMDG?

Jay, I was ready to do that. I looked at the format used by PMDG and it looks relatively simple (compared to that BGL mess).

The problem is that I need written permission to compile it into another format (my SQLite database schema). The header of each file:

;This data is copyrighted and may not be used, recompiled, interpreted or
;distributed for any purpose without the written consent
;of Navigraph.

I can't get a permission if they don't answer my mails. I'll try again, even if I already feel like a stalker after two unanswered mails.

For the next version 1.4 (where I'm already updating the manual) there is only the option to use the fsAerodata update. You don't get speed limits with the approaches but it is nice to have everything else consistent between simulator, aircraft and flight planner. Means: no ILS course mismatches in the NGX, updated runway numbers and other stuff.

Alex

Progress regarding AIRAC cycles:

Navigraph replied (already a few days ago) and said they are very busy. It will take some time.

Aerosoft also replied and I sent them a bunch of documentation links.

Alex

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, albar965 said:

Progress regarding AIRAC cycles:

Navigraph replied (already a few days ago) and said they are very busy. It will take some time.

Aerosoft also replied and I sent them a bunch of documentation links.

Alex

Wow!

That's a very good piece of news.

Disregard this  post. Emailed the author of the program with the error message I am getting.

Edited by ndflieger
Post no longer needed.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi Scott,

the program tries to load a flight plan on startup which is apparently not valid. Was the file "VHA71 KFXE KDAB PA31 188NM.pln" overwritten with a FS9 flight plan or something else?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. No it was created for FSX. I just copied the folder I have all my flight plans in and pasted into the documents on my new laptop.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Great program and very fast, even on my Surface Pro. But I have a couple of questions:

EGSS doesn't show any SID procedures.

EGTE doesn't show the Class D circle that surrounds it.

Is there something further I should be doing to update the data?

Many thanks

Bill

Bill Miller

Bill,

you need the fsAerodata update to get SID procedures. Currently there is no other way for me to get updated data. See answers above.

I cannot see a Class D circle around EGTE. Neither in the  stock data nor in the latest update from fsAerodata. Can you see that in the simulator?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Quick Question  - after running the database functions on my Flight Sim machine - I snagged the entire LNM directory and copied it to my laptop thinking I could poke around this week and look at some of the features... It doesn't start on my laptop - throws some "side by side" error... Is there any quick way to fool LNM into launching - I'm guessing it's missing some resource from P3D... If it's something easy - great - if not I'll just wait until I get home to look...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

looks like there is no Simulator and therefore no Simconnect on your Laptop.

Use the "littlenavmap-nosimconnect.exe" instead. It has the same functionality except the direct simulator connection and database loading.

Best,

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much - I'll give that a shot...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi ALEX

how i can introduce .CVX in LNM , if it'spossible ?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

terrain vector data? No. Why?

Terrain and coastlines are only available through the online of offline maps. 

You could try to create an offline map (like the "Atlas") that the Marble widget can digest.

Alex

Hi Alex Good day

thank you for your replay

Patrick

EDIT: i need more spécifications to find where  terrain vector data? No. Why? ?