Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

X-Plane and Nvisia DSR...

Those of you using this combination, could please provide me with any info on the AA settings you use ingame, HDR on or off ?

Also, once in the game, how do you manage to deal with the menus ?  The mouse doesn't align with the selections at all, and one has to guess the right spot :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Those of you using this combination, could please provide me with any info on the AA settings you use ingame, HDR on or off ?

Also, once in the game, how do you manage to deal with the menus ?  The mouse doesn't align with the selections at all, and one has to guess the right spot :-/

All nvidia driver options, garnered to A.A. visual enhancement of any kind, other than the actual DSR...is set to 'Application Controlled'.

You place your mouse just to the RIGHT of each menu sprite,..and the menu will then drop down for your use. Play around, and you will see where you need to place the tip of the mouse arrow, and then press your 'make-it-happen' button... :)

If you can run XP at the 'Extreme Resolution' setting, then you might not even need to run DSR within XP at all.  DSR in my opinion, is the only way to go with either FSX or P3D.  It brings home the bacon....  :hi:

I run DSR in all of them, but truthfully, the only one that you can get away with, by not running it...is again...XP at Extreme Resolution setting.  It's pretty well already there, at that feature level.

Cheers,

Nah... Extreme is out of question unfortunately...

I have an i5 2500 @ 3,3 Ghz. Only the graphics card is a more up-2-date one : GTX 960 4GB...

Using DSR would be an alternative to setting higher AA values in X-Plane's graphics settings. But it is really irritating to not be able to click on the right spots :-/

In IL-2 Battle of Moscow it's working great though, and I can even set in-game AA to none and no SSAO

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

From my experience, DSR is useless in X-Plane.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

OK, thx Mitch and "frontendrob".

Main Simulation Rig: