Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Viral emails being sent out over the last 48 hours...

Please be very careful, when you open up your Email Client, for the next few days. There is a new spam-viral-banking/credit card information email that is being sent out over your gmail or personal carrier, if a site that you deal with has been data-mined.

The text starts out with a salutation of 'Hey There', and thanks you for your 'purchase' of a product that is not specified. 

This has the intent to cause you alarm, with the hope that you will respond to the two live links to 'check' out your purchase, or so-called receipt. You did NOT purchase, or should need to check out the 'details' of this email.

First off...if the *$*## behind this mass mailing actually knew your information, it would be a better chance of you hitting on those virus and data mining links, with the salutation of your actual first and last name.  Not 'Hey there'...   Any site you have legitimately dealt with, would have that information to greet you personally.  Be careful!

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE LIVE LINKS...FOR THIS IS A DATA-MINER FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD AND/OR BANKING INFORMATION!

As soon as you see this enter your mail box...DELETE it immediately, with carefully making sure you do not trigger the either of the two imbbeded links within the scam 'thank you for your purchase' email.

Cheers, and community protection..always!

Happy Saturday....

• Upvote 1

As soon as you see this enter your mail box...DELETE it immediately, with carefully making sure you do not trigger the either of the two imbbeded links within the scam 'thank you for your purchase' email.

Cheers, and community protection..always!

Happy Saturday....

I sincerly hope that none of you are waiting for a parcel from Fedex.....Fedex are too busy trying to deliver mine...I get a 'Click on this' or 'that' for the invoice...

I get several of these per week.

Funny how many of the emails end with a '.ru'.... :wink:

Regards

Bill

yea  these email scams  been around   for  ages  now

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In all of the browsers I've ever used, if you hover your cursor over a link, the real URL is displayed in the lower left corner of the window. That is usually a dead give-away that it's a bogus email link.

Well, unless you really think that Chase Bank would use a gmail.com email address that is! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Folks, there are many, many users that get caught with the fear that someone has compromised their C.C. card(s) for which this type of viral email scam is engineered to provoke.......and WILL be compelled to hit one of those links.  Better to head's-up it, rather than we all assume, each and every reader, is this type of scam-savvy.

:)

Ses