Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Real world headset, use on PC?

Yes, there is an adapter/interface to use real-world headsets.Look at pcaviator.com - $34.95Pat

..and my last question is;All aviation headsets have the same "output", independent of the maker, so all headset matches this adapter..?Anyone..?

Yes, aviation headsets are standardized and have a 1/4" mono input and 1/4" mono output, but I would check to be on the safe side.Good luck.

I have a spare headset (I use this when taking passengers with me), that I use for VATSIM (I'm just starting with VATSIM). I also use this adaptor, which works really well.Don't get caught like I did and forget that it needs a battery (not supplied and/or installed). After hours of wondering why my microphone wouldn't work using my aviation headset and checking cables, etc. , and about to e-mail support about it, I read the small manual that comes with and now it works fine :)Bruce.

From looking at the Seinheiser website, the headset in question has a 10 pin round connector (looks similar to a MIDI sized connector in the drawings, but with more pins :->) and includes 2 lines each for right and left, 2 more for mic, and 2 for the push to talk button (which makes 8) - this is a headset designed for ATC sites, which I'm guessing use this 10pin round connector. Assuming you could find an appropriate 10pin connector for this to plug into, I imagine you could probably make a cable that would plug into a sound card (although would depend on the impedence of the "speakers" and the mic unit).Tim

Guest christianholmes

The headset output (speakers) are 1/4", but the input (mike) is not. I don't know the dimensions, but you need a special adapter. This is so you don't plug the wrong thing into the wrong jack in the cockpit.I have a pair of Sigtronics, but honestly don't have much desire to use them on the computer- even 11 ounces is heavy after awhile.

Hello,They are "NOT" the same size!. I use EZ-Flite's BS-12 with my David Clark headset. They have it available at.http://www.pilotproduct.comHope this helps.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck