Sign in to follow this  
ms1123

Desk Pilot Professional Questions

Hi All,

I was looking to buy Desk Pilot Professional to fly with my friend in the PMDG 777 and just had some questions about how it works:

1. Is it compatible with P3D yet?

2. Is the FMC/CDU sunk in the flightdeck so that my co-pilot can see everything i am doing to it in real time as well as seeing me do everything in the flightdeck in real time and vice versa?

3. We were going to use it to fly the Cross the Pond event and i was wondering does it still need multiplayer to connect or can we use single player and connect through that to get onto Vatsim? Because if it works in P3D i believe that it doesn't have multiplayer.

4. Can it work through Port Forwarding?

Any help would be appreciated!

1. No, but they have said it will be at some point, providing testing goes okay. Currently works fine for me in FSX steam and FSX CD.

2. The synchronised FMC is like a 2d panel that you can bring up. If you enter something on the 2D panel, it presses the same button on the FMC, for both pilots. The only issue so far I've had in the 777 is that sometimes the first officer cant press his FMC inputs and get them to synchronise properly but it otherwise works great.

3. I use FSX steam so I use multiplayer, not sure how P3D would work. One pilot connects as normal and the second as observer to VATSIM. It still allows you to communicate with controllers and see traffic that way.

4. Yes, but its a lot easier to use a VPN like Hamachi, tungle, etc.

Hello Pro Users!

As I understand, in Pro version there is still some functionality implemented via key assignments, not via virtual cockpit. E.g. APU GEN ON/OFF.

Is it correct? And which functions are exactly on these keys? May somebody provide full list or link to it?

Have developers plan to transfer this functionality to VC switches (if it is possible at all with PMDG SDK)?

I've read the http://www.avsim.com/topic/484236-desk-pilot-professional/ and don't understand what, for example, "Control stand" key assignment does for PM. Can comebody comment on that?

Thank everyone in advance:)

Sergio.