Sign in to follow this  
jimcalv

MCE wtih VOX ATC

Hi,

Can't seem to stop my copliot reacting to my communications with VOX ATC. I've read the posts on the subject and have tried to follow them without success, I've taken the sarkie comments from the copilot up to now but I think I need to do something about it. Any help gratefully appreciated.

My mce.ini is as follows:

[WINDOW]
Left=474
Top=48
NoActivate=1        //(1 to make sure MCE doesn't take the focus out of the sim, when the UI is clicked, 0 otherwise)
NoSound=0        //(set value 1 if you want to cut the various UI sounds emitted when clicking buttons or MCE minimises)
NoFullScreenDraw=0    //(set to 1, to avoid the occasional graphics artefacts than can happen when MCE UI tries to draw, and the sim is in full screen mode)
StartToTray=0        //(set to 1, and every time MCE starts, the UI will not appear unless you click on the icon in system tray)

[FEATURES]
ExecuteCaptainOrders=1
ReadCheckListWhenAsked=1
PilotSpeaksToAtc=0
CopilotReportsFailures=0
EnableInterfaceVoice=1

[OPTIONS]
Debug=0            //(only set this to 1 when instructd by support)
PilotIsBVI=0        //(must be set to 1 for Blind Visually Impaired Pilots)
UIlanguage=1033
MikeTuneOnStartup=1
EnableOptimizations=1
AutoStartWithFS=0
MinimizeToTray=0
MoreResponsive=1
TrainingCompleted=1
RandomFailures=0
TweakFsConfig=1
AtcMikeUseIvao=0
ForceCopilot=1
AudioIn=
AudioOut=
PilotName=jim            
ShowCommands=1
ForceCommands=0            //(deprecated. Do not use)
DisplayTime=3000
UseMacros=1            //(must be set to 1 For VoxKey to work)
UseNarrator=0
LoudData=0
EnableAnnouncements=0
UseVoxScripts=1
DisableNagging=1
GroundServicesMode=Native
NoBadLanguage=1
NoFMAcallouts=0            //(set this to 1 if you don't want FO to monitor FMA (Flight Mode Annuciator))
NoEngineStartCallouts=0
AllowActionOnEvent=0
V1CalloutIsGO=0            //(Enable this to follow Lufthansa standard call-out procedures. PNF calls-out Go instead of V one)
ReduceChatter=0            //(Enable this if you want to cutout on the amount of FO speech. FO would be more concise)

[PROFICIENCY]
Level=1

[sPEECH]
Volume=100
CpuUsage=50
SpeechPace=750
InprocReco=1
DisablePitchChange=0
MaxConcurrentTasks=4
NumLockKeyMutesReco=0

[sKILL]
Tol3=030,030,400,900,100,100,100,050
Tol2=020,020,200,700,075,075,075,030
Tol1=010,010,100,500,050,050,050,020
Tol0=005,005,050,300,025,025,025,010

[VOICES]
Voice0 =Clive,0,0,0,1
Voice1 =Trav,0,0,0,1
Voice2 =Stella,0,0,0,1
Voice3 =William,0,0,0,1
Voice4 =Microsoft Anna,0,0,0

[ATC]
Mode=Native
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=0
atc2=0
atc3=0
atc4=0
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0    //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0    //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=

[sIMCONTROL]
FsPanels=1
FsMenus=1
FsDialogs=1
FsKneeboard=1
ViewsAndViewpoint=1

[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
JoyProdID=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
JoyButton=1
UseWithVoxATC=1        //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

[GO-FLIGHT]
Use=1            //(set to 1 for MCE to monitor the manual radio dialling process. Whether you do that via mouse-clicks or by rotating Go-Flight or other hardware modules)
TimeOut=3000        //(sets the amount of time in milliseconds that must elapse after you last click on the radio switches in VC panel, or physically rotate a button on the radio rack, before MCE assumes you are finished with dialling. Values between 2000 and 5000 are accepted)

[CHECKLIST]
NoStateCheck=0        //(when set to 1, co-pilot will just read the checklist aloud, wait for any answer and move on, without challenging you on any item. Useful for people running simpits with hardware switches. It can be difficult for FO to read these)
Strict=0
PMDG 777-36NER British Airways=C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ChkLists\PMDG_777_check.txt
Aircreation582SL red=C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ChkLists\Generic_Turbo_check.txt
PMDG 777-FZB Southern Air=C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ChkLists\PMDG_777_check.txt

[MECHANIC]
PushWithGSXandAES=0

[RAMP]
NoRampToOfficeTalk=0
NoPaxDoorsAutoHandling=0
NoCargoDoorsAutoHandling=0

[PACE]
ActionDelay=1500     //The simulated delay that takes place before FO takes action. Values from 0 to 4000 milliseconds)
MCPdial=100       //The pace at which FO increments or decrements MCP values from 100 to 250 milliseconds). Doesn't apply to some aircraft where the value is hard coded
ButtonPress=800       //The simulated time in milliseconds it takes the FO to flip a single switch. Values 500 to 2500 are accepted
VoxKeyAction=1000  //The delay in milliseconds between two consecutive VoxKey actions. Valid entries 0 to 4000.

[sPLASH]
NoSound=0

[VATSIM]
NotifyPTTstate=0

[PILOTS]

[MISC]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience

[TERMINATE]

UseWithVoxATC=1        //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

Just need to enable option above and disable ATC feature in MCE panel. Your ini suggests you did just that.

I bet you're still using an older MCE version. Some users have reported PTT switch sometimes taking a couple of seconds before disabling MCE speech reco.

It was a multi-threading issue.

It was addressed since. Suggest you go ahead, download and install the very latest. Should get a much better PTT functionality, as well as faster flow execution.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Confirm all OK now.

Thanks

I downloaded and installed the latest version as suggested but I'm afraid it didn't work and he is still reacting to wjat I say to Vox ATC. Do you think a clean install of MCE would help?

Thanks

Jim

I downloaded and installed the latest version as suggested but I'm afraid it didn't work and he is still reacting to wjat I say to Vox ATC. Do you think a clean install of MCE would help?

Thanks

Jim

Obviously need to assign same joystick button under both Vox and MCE.

MCE monitors joystick directly. Make sure you didn't emulate a DELETE key press via FSUIPC joystick assignment.

Another option....

Set "UseWithVoxATC=0" and keep ATC feature disabled  in MCE and use its ability to listen to END key, which when detected down, should also suspend all speech on MCE side, assuming END key is also the PTT under Vox.

No point re-installing, unless MCE isn't in default C:\Program Files (x86)\ and Windows UAC is enabled..

Just ensure "fsx.exe" or "Prepar3D.xe" is set to run as administrator.

You could eventually reset MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

When you go through the app wizard (separate setup program), and get to the joystick button assignment, do you see a button already pre-selected before you press any?