Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Back In The Air

I've been out of the cockpit for almost a year now.  Got a little tired of struggling with the sim every... single... flight.  @_@   Seeing Sully in theaters made me kind of want to fly again and I saw the tech had improved a bit!   Still have a few nuts and bolts to slap back on the simulator after doing a full wipe but I am liking that 30 FPS Locked with max everything!  I'll be doing a full 2 hour flight tonight.  So much to remember!  @_@   This is NOT like riding a bicycle!  <3

FSDT KDFW, PMDG 737NGX, ASN, REX4 w/ SOFT CLOUDS, GEX P3D, UTX 2.1 USA, RESHADE 2.0 Custom Shader Pack

KMAN-BackInTheAir.JPG

• Upvote 3

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I've been out of the cockpit for almost a year now.  Got a little tired of struggling with the sim every... single... flight.  @_@   Seeing Sully in theaters made me kind of want to fly again and I saw the tech had improved a bit!   Still have a few nuts and bolts to slap back on the simulator after doing a full wipe but I am liking that 30 FPS Locked with max everything!  I'll be doing a full 2 hour flight tonight.  So much to remember!  @_@   This is NOT like riding a bicycle!  <3

FSDT KDFW, PMDG 737NGX, ASN, REX4 w/ SOFT CLOUDS, GEX P3D, UTX 2.1 USA, RESHADE 2.0 Custom Shader Pack

KMAN-BackInTheAir.JPG

Hi Brian, great to see you back, I was only thinking the other day we haven't heard from you for awhile, you have a lot of catching up, enjoy

bob

I know!   Should be fun!  Like learning to walk again!   Loaded up one of my personal paint jobs just to see how Ariel would look with everything maxed and actually Anti-Aliased for once!  That's a big change for me.. I never use to run with any kind of AA on because of FPS.   She looks beautiful now with most of the jaggies removed.

KMAN-BackInTheAir2.JPG

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Great photos!

Seeing Sully in theaters

How was the movie?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Great photos!

How was the movie?

Absolutely stunning.   Clint Eastwood is an amazing directory and Tom Hanks nails it I think.   The opening 60 seconds of the movie is heart wrenching and gets you setup for the rest.    The little Airbus that could piloted by one heck of a good pilot.   As I watched the recreation of the landing I thought... "When is our flight sims going to look like this!?"  lol

• Upvote 1

100454.png

Brian Navy

Excellent Shots!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Absolutely stunning.   Clint Eastwood is an amazing directory and Tom Hanks nails it I think.   The opening 60 seconds of the movie is heart wrenching and gets you setup for the rest.    The little Airbus that could piloted by one heck of a good pilot.   As I watched the recreation of the landing I thought... "When is our flight sims going to look like this!?"  lol

Welcome back Brian!

I agree about the movie.  Saw it yesterday (Did you see it Saturday as well?  Maybe we were in the same theater?).  I thought it was really well done as well with the exception that the drama they had to add with the NTSB acting like they were on a witch hunt to discredit Sully's decision to land in the Hudson was a little over the top (in my opinion).  Otherwise a top notch aviation movie.

I like your 1st return screenshot, rocketing out of our "other" hometown airport. :P    Your almost over 114 and heading over Grapevine and Flower Mound, with a turn to the east shortly over the dam if you're on the common SID.

Let me know when you're going to start work again on the real hometown airport and if you'd like I may be able to help with texturing. I take the DART Green line past her every day.  :smile2:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Welcome back Brian!

I agree about the movie.  Saw it yesterday (Did you see it Saturday as well?  Maybe we were in the same theater?).  I thought it was really well done as well with the exception that the drama they had to add with the NTSB acting like they were on a witch hunt to discredit Sully's decision to land in the Hudson was a little over the top (in my opinion).  Otherwise a top notch aviation movie.

I like your 1st return screenshot, rocketing out of our "other" hometown airport. :P    Your almost over 114 and heading over Grapevine and Flower Mound, with a turn to the east shortly over the dam if you're on the common SID.

Let me know when you're going to start work again on the real hometown airport and if you'd like I may be able to help with texturing. I take the DART Green line past her every day.  :smile2:

My roomie and I joked about the NTSB after the movie.   We were loling a bit at how over the top jerky they were made to be.  Hollywood playing on your heart strings of course.   If the real NTSB was that much of a bunch of bully jerks no pilot would ever crash... even if their plane was falling apart!  They don't want to face the wrath of the evil NTSB!  RAR!   *pitch forks!  Torches!*

I am going to have to watch ALL my own tutorials on how to make airports! lol... I am so rusty with all the tools.   *IF* I try to pick it up I'll finish my other project first I was working on full blast until I screamed 'I quit!',  Bob Hope Airport was coming along nicely when I got burned out.    I seriously need to take some classes on 3D modeling so I can start getting those buildings modeled out which I think is the easier job.  Texture creation, texture baking and all that fun stuff looks far more complicated to me to get those nice frames without eating VAS with poorly optimized over-the-top 4k textures that some guys like to use.   Time will tell!  First.. I need to learn to fly the sexy 737 again.  I did a full shake down flight from KDAL to KAUS...  I remembered more about the cockpit ops than I thought I would.

100454.png

Brian Navy