Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Quick fix for missing airport surfaces?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello simmer friends :)Some of you might recall an earlier post of mine where I mentioned an ongoing problem of mine: airport surfaces have vanished in Spain & Portugal. The airport perimeter is still present but all taxiway, apron & runway textures have vanished.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...cr001Custom.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...cr000Custom.jpgI am in the silly situation of having to avoid flying to these two countries and its doing my head in! :(Specially since I have all these pretty TAP Air Portugal & Iberia Airbuses sitting around :(Id really like to fix it! I was wondering - is there a way to force FS9 to generate a new scenery.cfg or something (like the fs9.cfg?) ...the aim being that it will "self-heal" the problem......(again like the fs9.cfg)Or could I try this: dive into the scenery.cfg and delete all references to addon scenery - leaving only the default. This will save me from the painful taks of unchecking all those boxes in the Scenery Setup page of the sim itself. I could then see if the airport surfaces appear and that would tell me an addon is causing the problem.FYI I have FS Genesis freeware American mesh and payware FS Global mesh.Any ideas (really...*anything*!!) would be much appreciated...because right now Spain & Portugal are full of grass-strips! :(Many thanks!

Mate how funny - I have EXACTLY the same problem. Madrid and Lisbon are the worst. It has been annoying me for some time now. I've tried everything you have probably. I have a funny feeling it's mesh related wrt to layering. I run the Terramesh.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------Mate how funny - I have EXACTLY the same problem. -----------------------------------------------Whoa!...thats insane! Wonder why this would be! Really annoying isn't it! I think Im gonna back up my scenery.cfg and perform some surgery lol.Did your problem appear after you added new scenery/mesh?We can keep our fingers crossed. Perhaps an Avsim scenery guru will come to our aid.

Your screen shot shows the result of an "Exclude ALL OBJECTS" command with the airport reference point within the exclusion area. It is not related to a mesh issue.Those are usually obvious by plateau at airport elevation and the surround terrain at sea level elevation.This problem can be created by installing a scenery for LDDU Dubrovnik, Croatia and / or the Dubrovnik Town scenery.The original exclude file for the two sceneries accidentally excludes most of the Mediterranian and North Africa.Lakes which appear as plateaus are a separate issue caused by having an accurate mesh - and the inaccurate default FS2004 water elevations. Mesh cannot change the water elevation.

Guest ThrottleUp

RFields5421 - You RULE :) :)You were *exactly* right! I searched the text inside my Scenery.cfg and sure enough I found LDDU. I have removed it and now the airport surface textures in Portugal & Spain are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you thank you thank you. For 9 months I have not been flying to those countries because no airports existed. Finally I can get those airplanes outta the hangar!!!!Result. Thanks again dude http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/thumbsup.gif--->flyhalf - do what I did - you will get your airports back! See I told you a scenery guru would come hee hee.

Can't remember what triggered it off - it was a while back. I remember the first time I noticed it. I had the BEST flight from Gatwck to Madrid, everything was just great, brilliant real time weather, the whole bit. Only to get to my arrival airport and it "wasn't there". The most sinking feeling! like you've just totally wasted 2 hours!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I think I am going to cry (with joy). Solved here too.* RFields5421 for President *Thank you both.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

Guest ThrottleUp

Hahaha nice one flyhalf..sorted :) RFields5421 did all the work!Im brushing the dust off these Iberia planes....Where would we be w/out the Avsim crew :)

Okay, now I'm home and can look at my configuration.I do use the scenery. It's a danged good airport - a bit polygon heavy but the traffic load is small enough to make it workable.It's a bit hard to find the problem because who looks for a scenery issue in Morrocco or Portugal with a Croatia scenery.I was not first to find the cause - had not loaded the scenery at the time. But I did work out the problem files. I have watched this problem comes up every three or four weeks since late spring.The LDDU scenery is by D. Puljevic and the only place I've found it was on Flightsim.com. He recommends the CROMESH terrain mesh available from the Croatian Vatsim website.- There are three files/ downloads:lddu.zip - the original airportlddu-fix.zip - the exclude problem fixlddugrad.zip - scenery for the old town walled city on the seacoast approach, and a couple other landmark buildingsThe problem files are:0_Dubrovnikexclude1.bgl0_exclude_Duairport.Bglin the airport scenery folder. The developer made a very easy mistake - getting a positive and negative sign reversed in the exclude file which greatly enlarged the exclusion area. He tightened up and better refined the exclusion area in the fix.Those two files need to be deleted / renamed without the .BGL extension. There are two replacement exclusion files in the lddu-fix download.0_Dubrovnik_exc1.bgl0_exclude_Duairport.BglNote that one file will overwrite a file - there is actually nothing wrong with the airport file. But in addition to adding the new exclusion file - the old file must be removed/renamed manually. This is actually a very good idea - using a different name. Very easy to tell if you have the fix installed.Bad File entry - Exclude area, Latitude S42:33:27.01 to N42:33:40.20, Longitude W018:15:33.60 to E018:16:02.40Good File entry - Exclude area, Latitude N42:33:32.23 to N42:33:41.95, Longitude E018:15:26.73 to E018:15:48.72These are not XML based files and include VTP polygon information.