Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!

Thanks for the update. I remember reading in your last post that you'll be providing further details on the -400M and 747-8 series in the near future. Will you be providing us with information on how development is proceeding with those variants/models?

Really enjoyed this update. As others have said: Can't wait.

One extra question: What WX program is that and what texture set? The WX depiction in those shots were awesome!

Thanks.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Yawn, when are we getting a 757?

Okay, even I didn't think that was funny. I'm freaking pumped! Take my money.

When I read the upcoming news from Robert than I'm getting goose bumps. I'm getting happy and happier again like a little child before christmas. :D

• Upvote 1

Good morning all there,

please hurry up with the beta testing, we do not want fly a retired airlines and we are long ago retired from very long waiting.

ACARS ... the surprise is ACARS ... some serious deducing went into my official guess.  Perhaps I'll win a prize.  After all, I was very close in guessing about the Operations Center.  My guess was flushable latrines.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Robert, you mentioned your tech team in your Oct 1 post. I was just wondering if, without naming names or companies, you could give us an idea of the kind of expertise you have working on this product? For example, a current 747-400 Check Captain with a major US airline, a Boeing engineer, a LAME, a dispatch officer, etc, etc. I'm just curious as to what sort of professionals you have helping to create this new product, so is it okay to ask this? Last but certainly not least, thanks for the update and great pictures too!

Really enjoyed this update. As others have said: Can't wait.

One extra question: What WX program is that and what texture set? The WX depiction in those shots were awesome!

Thanks.

Most likely AS16 since that or ASN are the only weather engines that work with PMDG products to make the weather radar operational. AS16 and ASN also provide the volumetric fog look that actually engulfs the aircraft.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great! It was about time for an update. I'm looking forward to it and I'm excited for the possibility of not having to wait longer for the P3D version :)

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

Betatest means more and more pictures and videos from the Testers, right? AWESOME.... But, what about the 747-8I? Are there some news about this bird? 

Robert, I'm hoping you include an SAA livery! :smile:

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I think Jason was using AS2016 and the weather-dependent texture sets from ASCA. That's also what I use, and it's rather impressive what it'll do.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Looks amazing and sure worth the waiting :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5