Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!

It's alright too lol

Please include your full name.

Harry Nelson

I also assumed by now that the 747 has been well in beta testing now from what I've read. I certainly hope that it's not in tech testing.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Per the Captain!

"This is a big weekend for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II, as we begin the process of moving her from Tech Testing to beta testing at long last!"

• Upvote 2

Hmm, very well, maybe we have it b4 the years end...

spacer.png

Hmm, very well, maybe we have it b4 the years end...

I can't see any possibility of that happening if they are still in the process of moving to beta, and the beta team has yet to touch it.

You always have to consider the upcoming holidays which no work gets done, in addition to the general time it takes PMDG to prepare and deploy a release to the consumers.

I'm predicting late (very late, verge of summer) 2017 at the very earliest.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I think everybody should just have a cup of tea and a biscuit and breathe.  Don't forget to breathe.

I don't think this should be classified as "lying". If you know PMDG, you know that their planning often changes, which can involve great delays. No pun intended here, they are developing extremely complicated stuff, and sometimes decide to make the product even more complicated mid-way through the development process. Delays are then inevitable. 

Remember when they said the 747 was going to release two months after the 777, because it was allegedly moving along with the 777 in the development process? Back then, as the pessimist that I am, I already predicted that it would release end 2016 or early 2017, after which Kyle thought I was "predicting rediculously late release dates". It seems like it might turn out to be a correct prediction after all, if not on the early side. I don't think it has moved into beta yet. Something else probably crossed their paths, which caused them to shift their focus a bit. I agree the 747 has been delayed quite a bit more than we had expected, but I am still sure the end product will be better than everything before. 

No pun intended here, they are developing extremely complicated stuff

Yup. That's for sure. The amount of detail in this aircraft is a level above our other aircraft. The CRT effect that people have noticed in the screenshots is only one example. You guys won't be disappointed by the extra time taken.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

You guys won't be disappointed by the extra time taken.

Of this I have no doubt, brother, Kyle.

spacer.png

as says Kyle "the extra time taken" and it is at this time that PMDG add and improvement perfomance, Readability, animations and that is why we must be calm PMDG is characterized in modeling and simulation

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

"It's done when it's done"

I prefer a flawless and well-tested product and will wait for it some months more.

I prefer a flawless and well-tested product and will wait for it some months more.

Although I prefer non buggy product... I don't mind features in stages.  provided they deliver on those stages... and knowing PMDG they would deliver.

Vendors may not prefer this since they would have to go over multiple testing after each added feature... so they may prefer single development cycle which I understand.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I also prefer a bug free product (or at least as bug free as possible), but I don't see why PMDG can't take their time releasing the 747 but also be a bit more upfront about what is going on.

Although the quote was that the 747 is moving into beta, not actually in beta, I don't think anyone would of thought that by the end of the month it would still not be in beta.

Is it too much of a task for a quick update? It doesn't need to be a long post packed with pictures, just a quick update if the situation has changed or not gone quite to plan...