Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!

I'm hoping there's going to be a big surprise like a EFB, or some kind of built in TOPCAT on release. Personally I just can't see myself spending a lot of $/£ on another Boeing long haul aircraft after the 777 without a big incentive to do so.

I'm hoping there's going to be a big surprise like a EFB, or some kind of built in TOPCAT on release. Personally I just can't see myself spending a lot of $/£ on another Boeing long haul aircraft after the 777 without a big incentive to do so.

Well as a new P3D flier I am waiting on the 744v3 as my main mount.

spacer.png

Well as a new P3D flier I am waiting on the 744v3 as my main mount.

Hope your enjoying P3D. I have never looked back since I made the switch from FSX. I've had to repurchase the 777 but been worth it with doing 10hr+ flights and no CTD's

Shared Cockpit WANTED...  :wink:

Surprise surprise...

No kidding! I made an entire thread to try to stir up some shared cockpit enthusiasm, and sadly only received one response :sad: I was a little surprised by such a small response to that thread. I assumed there were a lot of other folks out there beside me that see shared cockpit as a huge opportunity for PMDG to really help all of us simmers round out the realism experience.

No kidding! I made an entire thread to try to stir up some shared cockpit enthusiasm, and sadly only received one response :sad: I was a little surprised by such a small response to that thread. I assumed there were a lot of other folks out there beside me that see shared cockpit as a huge opportunity for PMDG to really help all of us simmers round out the realism experience.

You're certainly not wrong. But look hard enough and you'll find plenty of talk, some from PMDG themselves. Your thread did somewhat over simplify the challenges of getting the two sims to talk, not to mention how easy you made 'getting it to work' sound from an end users point of view (think ports).

Your thread did somewhat over simplify the challenges of getting the two sims to talk, not to mention how easy you made 'getting it to work' sound from an end users point of view (think ports).

PMDG are a smart bunch of folks.  If anyone can make it  work, they can.  I cannot think of a more appropriate platform for shared cockpit than the 747

• Upvote 1

PMDG are a smart bunch of folks.  If anyone can make it  work, they can.  I cannot think of a more appropriate platform for shared cockpit than the 747

This exactly. I realize that a very functional shared cockpit program is difficult to make, but who better in the flight simulator world to do that then PMDG, which is the cream of the crop? I know they could do a great job with it just like all of their other products.

Any news about the P3D beta testing? Has it started or not? Will the P3D 744 be released along with the FSX one or not?

James Goggi

Any news about the P3D beta testing? Has it started or not? Will the P3D 744 be released along with the FSX one or not?

It was stated that concurrent release is the plan.

spacer.png

awesome to see the content that beta testers are posting.

one thing I noticed while watching some of the videos - with full flaps extended, and approaching for arrival, I would have thought that there would been movement visible in the flaps due to buffeting that typically happens in this situation.

perhaps it is already being modeled, and I just haven't seen severe enough weather to cause it to be seen?

regards,

peter belbin