Sign in to follow this  
mgh

AVSIM siding with developers what about the consumer?

The folks of AVSIM will happily intercede on consumer's behalf. We do all the time. But, commonsense says that if you have a complaint that hasn't been resolved, then blasting us in public forums isn't going to get you much sympathy from us. On the other hand, if your complaint is handled in an adult and mature way, and you communicate with us directly, we'll be more than happy to help in anyway that we can.As for public discussion of flaws or shortcomings in products, again, if done in an adult/mature way, we have no problem with that. But, make it personal, and it will be gone in a heartbeat.With only five posts under your belt here, I suspect you don't know the history of AVSIM. I suggest you ask around, read the archives, do some searches on the forums. AVSIM has a great history of protecting the consumer, and many of our commercial advertisers know that, and respect it.

Guest Camsdad

Tom,I'm sorry if you feel I blasted you That was not my intent. I feel you tend to side more with the payware developer than the consumer. Thats what I feel thats all. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry. I actually lurked in these forums since 1998 and have followed alot of what AVSIM has done. I'm not sure I follow how the number of posts reflects on what I have seen over the years and what I feel?In other words What's that got to do with the price of rice in China? :)Thank you

Low post count implies, incorrectly most times, that the poster is new to the forums and with a big jump in logic, new to AVSIM. Okay, so you have been around a while. That said, then you should know where AVSIM stands; firmly for the consumer. We always have. Our advertisers know, Microsoft knows it, and we make no bones about approaching a vendor if a consumer feels that they have been wronged in some way, and have come to us for resolution.That's not to say that we'll always go to bat for someone. We have seen some pretty agregious cases of expectations outrunning reality that we could not support. So, don't assume that every case is adopted by us. We have been known to tell some folks to grow up and go away until they do.If you have a specific issue you want resolved that you have not succeeded in resolving directly with the vendor, then by all means, send us an email to srstaff@avsim.com describing in detail the issue(s) and we'll look into it.

Guest Camsdad

Tom,Thankyou very much for that. My perception has changed:). I'm sorry also if I offended you and AVSIM. I know AVSIM is a standup organization!!!!I use to post quite a bit in the old forum back in the day. The PFG forum and such. When the new forum format was introduced, I just have read the forum and watched on the sidelines:) Things just don't seem like they were back in the day anymore. I feel there is just too much division and animosity today. Some of which I created in my post. Again accept my sincere apology.BTW now I'm up to 7 posts yee ha :)

Guest Edam

>Low post count implies, incorrectly most times, that the>poster is new to the forums...Incorrectly is right. I'll never understand how some will look at a post count to validate what a person has to say, or judge s/he based on that. Post counts should be eliminated. As for the rest, everyone has different perceptions as to what they read and see.

Guest Camsdad

The reason I had that perception and not really thinking about it, is because I feel alot of the posts consumers make on the payware forums here at AVSIM seem to disappear or get locked. I didn't really take into account that most of those forums are moderated by the developer themselves and looked over by AVSIM. AVSIM really doesn't moderate the payware forums persay.If I keep this up I might have more posts than Tom by the end of the night :)

I can't find it at that address.