Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

New Zealand Ultimate VFR

<Gasp> Tony - you're a gentleman and a scholar sir! As a Kiwi I'm drooling over these shots. BTW, I have located those WGTN GIS files I mentioned but have been distracted with family matters. Still very willing to test the work if you need some testing from someone on the ground. This is really exceptional work!

This is sad news Tony really. I sure understand and respect Your decision and yet i also remain hoping that You may consider to at least release some of those areas for which the underlying orthos do fulfill Your demands and quality standard.

There is so much love and detail in Your scenery-projects Tony - they simply deserve better than being abandoned.

:smile:

At least in terms of areas, I have Wellington and Auckland in nice detail as well as some of the other smaller towns on the north island. The south island is a lost cause with some poor quality imagery, but LINZ are always adding new areas so it's possible that within the next few months (they normally doing the imagery during the summer), we'll see some updated areas.

I'll continually revisit it to see what the situation is like.

• Upvote 3

At least in terms of areas, I have Wellington and Auckland in nice detail as well as some of the other smaller towns on the north island. The south island is a lost cause with some poor quality imagery, but LINZ are always adding new areas so it's possible that within the next few months (they normally doing the imagery during the summer), we'll see some updated areas.

I'll continually revisit it to see what the situation is like.

Thank You Tony!

This is great news!

You are such a talented X-Plane scenery-designer that i - and many others too (and again saying) - do not only really appreciate all Your great donation/freeware stuff, but would also certainly support and appreciate any payware-scenery from Yours.

:smile:

On 2/7/2017 at 9:40 PM, harrry said:

Can we twist your arm.....a little bit of torture...or some nice words?

Money would probably work better.

7 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about this :biggrin:

we hadn't  :)

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

Since they weren't mentioned, I assume Orbx is not involved.  Just checked the original post date and see I'm three years behind - since you're an Orbx guy now, please disregard.

Edited by olderndirt

i downloaded the entire NZ ortho imagery recently (which is pretty great these days), but the overlays are pretty bad. I searched around and finally ran across this thread and got hopeful! but now i'm sad to see it was abandoned and many years earlier. does anyone know if there's any NZ overlays these days, since it is 2020 and all...?

The Lyndiman orthos are simply amazing, but I agree with dresoccer4 - the scenery would benefit from an alternative overlay.

Edited by Brian Mackie
  • Like 1