Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Garmin 1000 Simulator

Hi,Has any one downloaded the Garmin 1000 simulator and got it to work? I did in anticipation that some one is going to put it into an airplane for FS2004 shortly (anyway I hope so) and I want to know how to use it. Additionally as a CFII I hope to teach in an airplane with one of these things and again I want to be ready. It's beautiful. It cost me $9.99 - mostly shipping.Questions I have come up with - I connected a MS yoke to it as suggested but only get slow pitch and roll response on the PFD and the airplane icon does not follow the control movements. Has anyone a better response?I cannot turn the Demo mode off. Has anyone a different experience?In the DEMO MODE with the TRK MODE in "TRK FPL" the airplane icon does not track the flight plan. Same question, has anyone got it to track the flight plan?I've read the manuals - there's a lot to read - but find no answer to my questions. As I read the manuals I get the impression the yoke can be used in the manual mode of the DEMO MODE to fly the airplane thorough a simulated flight plan. Another impression is that the airplane icon should track the flight plan with TRK FPL enabled. The engine RPM goes uncontrollably to 2940 RPM and the airspeed to 178 knots and stays there.Still a heck of a lot to learn from it. Can anybody help me? What am I missing?Russ

I have ordered their GNS530/430 video before (excellent quality BTW) as the Archer I fly has the 430 and the video was a superb intro.However, I hunted high and low on the Garmin site and couldn't find the G1000 sim. :(

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png

I picked up a free CD while at Oshkosh this year. It's a neat unit! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well like u loose canon I can't find it either. Could u put us in the right direction Russ.:-) :-)

Guest Wichita

And if Carenado was on the ball they would have built a guage around this Garmin and stuck it in their up and coming 206. Seeing how this is the exact gauge for Cessna's glass cockpit in the 206/182 and others.It would have increased the price somewhat but I would have made the purchase. David

>And if Carenado was on the ball they would have built a guage>around this Garmin and stuck it in their up and coming 206.>Seeing how this is the exact gauge for Cessna's glass cockpit>in the 206/182 and others.>>It would have increased the price somewhat but I would have>made the purchase. >This paragraph is included with the Garmin 1000 simulator litature.NOTE: Due to the graphic memory intensive nature of the G1000 simulator, it must be the only application running on your PC.Wonder how it would run in conjunction with FS2004? :(

>Questions I have come up with - >I connected a MS yoke to it as suggested but only get slow>pitch and roll response on the PFD and the airplane icon does>not follow the control movements. Has anyone a better>response?>>I cannot turn the Demo mode off. Has anyone a different>experience?>>In the DEMO MODE with the TRK MODE in "TRK FPL" the airplane>icon does not track the flight plan. Same question, has>anyone got it to track the flight plan?>>I've read the manuals - there's a lot to read - but find no>answer to my questions. >>As I read the manuals I get the impression the yoke can be>used in the manual mode of the DEMO MODE to fly the airplane>thorough a simulated flight plan. Another impression is that>the airplane icon should track the flight plan with TRK FPL>enabled. >>The engine RPM goes uncontrollably to 2940 RPM and the>airspeed to 178 knots and stays there.>>Still a heck of a lot to learn from it. >>Can anybody help me? What am I missing?>>RussAs far as I know, if you are in Demo Mode, then the program thinks that there isn't a external joystick attached.I don't have a joystick, so I am using it in Demo Mode. I have been able to program in a flight plan, position it at an airport, then with it in TRK FPL, I have been able to fly the flight plan route. I can't simulate vectoring unless I switch the track mode to MANUAL.I don't think you have any control over the engine MP or RPM. But you do have control over the airspeed and altitude and climb rate from the DEMO MENU, it's the same place where you switch the TRK MODE from MANUAL to TRK FPL and vice versa.If the TRK MODE is in MANUAL, then you can control the heading from the DEMO MENU.Just my opinion, use the demo mode to learn how to use the MFD - don't need a joystick to do that. Let the autopilot fly the plane - that's what you'd do in the real plane while you're fiddling with the MFD anyways, with my limited experience with the real G1000 - do what you need to do to the MFD, redo your flight plan, select and arm an approach, etc. then when you're done, you can take the controls back from the autopilot.Plug in the joystick to get used to flying using the PFD. As to why the program isn't seeing your yoke, I can't say - only that if all you can get is DEMO MODE, then it's not seeing your yoke.

Hi,Thanks all for answering my enquiry. Great help as usual. Especially the last one.When I disconnected the joystick and put it into the TRACK FPL mode the airplane icon now tracks the flight plan and the attitude remains stable. I originally thought the joystick had to be connected because the OPTIONS menu has a Joystick Axis Configutsation - so the user must be able to use it (sure would have been a nice feature). Additionally without a joystick connected the PFD attitude flopped all over the place uncontrollably and mostly up side down. I can get along with it now. Programming flight plans and flying it with the autopilot works just fine for my learning needs.As for giving the URL for down loading the Garmin 1000, when I went back to the site I couldn't find it. So much thanks to the reply of the responder who did find it and gave it to everyone.Hmmm. As for the simulator taking a lot of CPU power I remember the 530 did also and that has now been fixed. Thanks,Russ

Sorry about the use of the word "download" regarding the Garmin 1000. I didn't download it I ordered the CD at the URL given in a previous reply to this inquiry. I've done a large number of downloads lately and I got careless with the word. Russ

>And if Carenado was on the ball they would have built a guage>around this Garmin and stuck it in their up and coming 206.>Seeing how this is the exact gauge for Cessna's glass cockpit>in the 206/182 and others.Only if they were modelling the latest model 206/182. The extra price would not be the biggest issue, add +1 year to the project if you want a fully-functional G1000 gauge.

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png