Sign in to follow this  
red259

Status of Prepar3d

I read some threads from back in 2015, but now that a lot more time has passed how is Prepar3d looking? I have FSX (boxed addition and now I'm moving over to steam edition). I am considering switching to another platform especially since the FSLabs Airbus will only charge an upgrade fee for going from fsx to prepar3d. I had a lot of VAS problems with FSX and was really annoyed. Has prepar3d improved substantially over the past year? Is it receiving active updates to make it worthwhile to invest in long term? I bought a ton of content for FSX and I don't feel like paying PMDG twice for the same planes but when there new 747 comes out for prepar3d I could just make the switch at that point and have the 747 and a320 and pick up AS 2016 along with using FTX global. This seems like it would be enough to keep me busy for awhile in prepar3d. Is it worth it to switch platforms at this point? Is the future bright for prepar3d?

Made the switch to P3D last month, brother, after YEARS of FSX and FSX:SE.  I will never go back to FSX.  Do it.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Have almost 2 decades of FS, I moved to P3D about 18 months ago. I wouldn't go back to FSX if you paid me. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Have used P3D since version 2 and would never go back to FSX.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

While there may be a lot of familiarity on the surface under the hood there have been many significant improvements. As the others have said it's doubtful once you make the switch that you would want to go back.

• Upvote 1

RE Thomason Jr.

when will sloped runways come?

September, 31, 2017.  

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Made the switch to P3D last month, brother, after YEARS of FSX and FSX:SE.  I will never go back to FSX.  Do it.

+1

• Upvote 1

Wow. The comments here are pretty strong in favor of the switch. I'll make the jump when the airbus comes out for p3d or the pmdg 747 so that way I have a jet I can get to fly without buying the same jet twice. 

Nah, get P3D now so it's ready for your new PMDG 744v2.

...do it...you KNOW you want to.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Nah, get P3D now so it's ready for your new PMDG 744v2.

...do it...you KNOW you want to.

I'm not going to give in to peer pressure!

Atta boy, get on it...or don't.

spacer.png

Felt the same way when my friends left DOS 3.1 for Windows. 

• Upvote 3

Like the other posters, I switched to P3D (this past June, actually, to version 3.3.5), and I haven't looked back. I've kept FSX on my computer just in case, but lately, I've been uninstalling aircraft from FSX that either I've installed in or re-bought for P3D.

I thought that I might run FSX along with P3D for aircraft that aren't available in P3D (e.g., PMDG J41), but ... I just can't bring myself to go back to FSX for any reason. At some point, I'll uninstall FSX entirely.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Felt the same way when my friends left DOS 3.1 for Windows. 

Thanks for the Bob!  You just reminded how old I really am!  LOL!!!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.