Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Nosewheel

Hi folks,

Have anyone there found how to map or program the nose wheel action with this joystick, since it has no Z-axis rotation?. I've recently bought it, and don't want to expend any extra money in buying a rudder pedal.

Thanks for the cooperation.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You're serious, right? 

The HOTAS WArthog is a full on gaming stick. It's designed for folks to fly the A10c and F16 sims and be as real as possible. You've just spent 3x as much as the next best stick and don't want to use rudder pedals? Get a CHEAP STICK THEN!

Sorry. No sympathy. It's a HOTAS stick. Every switch has a function. For nosewheel steering, you pull the front lower lever back to activate ruddr operated electric nose steering via the pedals.

Otherwise, tick auto rudder in the control options.....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Nice attitude.

Yes, certainly a very funny community here!, I'm not even asking for any refund!.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sorry, I agree with the first poster...

For someone to spend what the Warthog costs, and ask about not using pedals seems like a joke (to put it mildly...)

Sorry, I agree with the first poster...

For someone to spend what the Warthog costs, and ask about not using pedals seems like a joke (to put it mildly...)

Yet another useless comment. Sorry!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Ed, 

My apologies if it doesn't seem helpful, but...

You need the right product. The HOTAS doesn't sound like it. It really is the DELUXE of joysticks, perfectly replicated to work with the F16 or A10c. It would be totally wrong to incorporate a Z axis onto it.

You have the option of an autorudder on all flight sims so use it. Problem solved. For realism, the HOTAS needs to be used with the accompanying throttel unit and a pair of pedals, the SAITEK Combat Pedals being just about perfect. We can see you've spent a lot on your rig so you are srious about simming, but you simply cannot fly a plane properly without pedals. They are a primary flying control.

Finally if you are desperate, then try mapping the TMS or DMS switches to operate a rudder or rudder trim.

The comments are not useless, they are pointing to you doing half a job. 

Get some pedals. You will not look back if you do.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Ed, 

My apologies if it doesn't seem helpful, but...

You need the right product. The HOTAS doesn't sound like it. It really is the DELUXE of joysticks, perfectly replicated to work with the F16 or A10c. It would be totally wrong to incorporate a Z axis onto it.

You have the option of an autorudder on all flight sims so use it. Problem solved. For realism, the HOTAS needs to be used with the accompanying throttel unit and a pair of pedals, the SAITEK Combat Pedals being just about perfect. We can see you've spent a lot on your rig so you are srious about simming, but you simply cannot fly a plane properly without pedals. They are a primary flying control.

Finally if you are desperate, then try mapping the TMS or DMS switches to operate a rudder or rudder trim.

The comments are not useless, they are pointing to you doing half a job. 

Get some pedals. You will not look back if you do.

Hi, Mark, sorry, your specific comments about the remedies are very helpful to me. I know the pedals are one of the most useful equipment for serious flightsim, but there're other reasons (important ones and too long to explain over here) why I don't use them in my setup. When I bought the Warthog I didn't know anything about the rudder command, that's why I'm asking (I thought it had Z-axis control as all others in the market).

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

A little help here. On the right hand side of the throttle there are two rocker switches. You might try assigning the fore and aft sections on one of them to 'Rudder yaw left' and 'Rudder yaw right'. Make sure the slider on the right of the assignment window is completely to the right. That means the command will continue to work until you release the button. It would be tricky but doable with practice. I agree that pedals would be a great thing but if you have no legs not a lot of good. No-one thought to ask. 

I did also try the little slider to the right of the throttle but it would mean taking your hand off the throttle to use it.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yet another useless comment. Sorry!

Cheers, Ed

Yeah, that tends to happen when you pose useless questions, more so after reading the rest of your comments that you don't even know what something you bought has or doesn't have... so yes, it seemed like a joke question. Sadly it wasn't.

A little help here. On the right hand side of the throttle there are two rocker switches. You might try assigning the fore and aft sections on one of them to 'Rudder yaw left' and 'Rudder yaw right'. Make sure the slider on the right of the assignment window is completely to the right. That means the command will continue to work until you release the button. It would be tricky but doable with practice. I agree that pedals would be a great thing but if you have no legs not a lot of good. No-one thought to ask. 

I did also try the little slider to the right of the throttle but it would mean taking your hand off the throttle to use it.

Ok, Ron, thanks for your help. Will try it for sure. Appreciated.

Good one, but still have two legs, just another set of reasons as for no-pedals personal position.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Carlos Gimenez, a real sweetheart.

Oh the irony.... of his post what a gem..... cheese and rice!