Sign in to follow this  
tramtrt

svchost

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-fix-svchostexe-errors-and-problems-with-high-cpu-usage/

svchost is the host process that launches various Windows 10 and other services. Generally, there will be multiple versions of svchost loaded in memory, but rarely do any of these consume large amounts of CPU time while your flight sim app is running. When your system is idle (no user apps running), Windows may run various svchost processes in the background. However, if any svchost process is constantly consuming abnormal amounts of CPU time, then either your system is  infected with malware or one or more of your Windows system files is corrupt.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-fix-svchostexe-errors-and-problems-with-high-cpu-usage/

svchost is the host process that launches various Windows 10 and other services. Generally, there will be multiple versions of svchost loaded in memory, but rarely do any of these consume large amounts of CPU time while your flight sim app is running. When your system is idle (no user apps running), Windows may run various svchost processes in the background. However, if any svchost process is constantly consuming abnormal amounts of CPU time, then either your system is  infected with malware or one or more of your Windows system files is corrupt.

I tried the suggestions on that link but it did not help unfortunately, due to svchost all my other programs run very slow. I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes.

I not yet tried Win10...but I've seen svchost suck down one whole core for hours on end if it was slaved to a "broken" Windows Update.  AFAIK there is no way to disable Windows Update on Win 10, so I guess it's a tough theory to test (as in disabling Windows Update).  Another way to find out is to reboot, log in immediately and run Windows Update and command it to check for updates.  If it's broken it'll never complete the check and a svchost will be burning down a core (let it go at least 30 minutes to an hour to really make sure, though some will say let it run overnight).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I found a fix from the netsvcs , the issue is now resolved. Thank you all for your help. All i had to was clear the event viewer log

Can you explain a bit further about the method you have used to resolve the issue? I'm encountering the same issue right now and looking for a solution to resolve mine.

It would also help other users.

Guest Mik75

I have the same issue on Win 7 64bit. I disabled Windows updates, and after each reboot, winausrv, a process within svchost (netsvcs) causes 25% CPU load very steadily. It became a habit to stop the process manually after each fresh windows reboot.

Can you explain a bit further about the method you have used to resolve the issue? I'm encountering the same issue right now and looking for a solution to resolve mine.

It would also help other users.

You are the author of of this post usefulpcguide.com/18385/svchost-exe-netsvcs-high-cpu/, and you are encountering the same issue? LOL

You only want to post your link here.

You are the author of of this post usefulpcguide.com/18385/svchost-exe-netsvcs-high-cpu/, and you are encountering the same issue? LOL

You only want to post your link here.

You were the only one to post a link (link to netsvcs where you stated you found a fix) and I removed that post because, if anyone followed the link you provided, the first solution to the problem provides a link to download and run "Reimage Plus" to scan for corrupt files.  Click on the link to download this product leads to nothing but a blank page but, looking at the Internet address, it is stealing your IP address where the instigator can hack into your computer or otherwise exploit your IP address - http://whatismyipaddress.com/exploit-ips

Further investigation of the IP's used by you indicate you are on 4 blacklists and you are entering AVSIM, not through your native country which could be an indication you are trying to hide your location.

I have removed you from membership at AVSIM.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

All windows OS`s run svhost in the task manager windows cannot run without it, in widows 10 open task manger then open services tab and see which programs run in the background on startup in my case I have

stopped tom-tom update services and other updates services form running on start up, I then manually check for update when I choose.    

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

All windows OS`s run svhost in the task manager windows cannot run without it, in widows 10 open task manger then open services tab and see which programs run in the background on startup in my case I have

stopped tom-tom update services and other updates services form running on start up, I then manually check for update when I choose.    

As far as I know, Task Manager is only a manager program that shows you a list of running programs in Windows. It definitely that svchost.exe is called by Windows and run by Windows. Right?

As far as I know, Task Manager is only a manager program that shows you a list of running programs in Windows. It definitely that svchost.exe is called by Windows and run by Windows. Right?

All of the svchost's you see running when you call up Windows Task Manager are Services.  You can go to the following site to get information on each Windows Service and whether or not you should turn it on or not -  http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/.  He has configurations for other Window OS's too.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10