Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Flight with 2.0.1.11

Tried a flight today with the new version in P3Dv3.4. The flight was from YMML to YPAD with a cruise altitude of FL380. From dialing in the Atis until right around TOD everything went perfectly. I was given climb instructions all the way up until FL380. I was just at TOD (maybe just a little past it) when I was given instructions to descend to FL180. I was handed off to Adelaide approach but never given instructions to descend. I asked to descend to 4000 feet but my request was denied and I was instructed to climb and maintain FL420. I paused the sim and checked the UI. All of the altitudes had been changed to FL420. I'm not sure what happened to cause that. I was never able to get approach to give a lower altitude. This was the flight plan: YMML..ML H345 AD..YPAD

NAX669.png

Do you still have the log file you could send me?

Dave,

I sent you an email with the log files attached. Once I started having issues, I shut P2A down and finished the flight so I don't know if it will be of any help. I'm going to try another flight a little later to see if it happens again.

NAX669.png

Something's clearly wrong. I'm doing a flight to Portland and the TOD is way too late.

QXJ0f5o.png

In previous versions, the TOD marker was before the T/D on the 767's EHSI and on the picture above I was already past it.

EDIT: I wasn't even assigned a STAR or a runway on my flight. I'm just told to contact approach. Luckily I sensed something was wrong when my T/D was in front of the TOD so I planned my own STAR approach :)

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Denco,

What was the Cruise altitude Planned Groundspeed and Descent Rate in Pilot2ATC?

What were your Config-FltPln settings.  Was ATC supposed to assign everything?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave,

Cruising Altitude was at FL340, Planned Groundspeed was at 450 knots and Descent Rate was at default 1200. 

Rx4rPqj.png

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Dave,

That's the same issue that I ran into that started my miscommunication problem. I just ran into the same issue with my CYMM-CYEG flight. I had entered a ground speed of 400 kts. and  a descent of 1700 fpm. My cruise altitude was FL320. P2A had figured the TOD at 110 miles. I never received instructions to descend. I requested FL260 and it was granted. I tried to get lower but then there was an on screen message that P2A could calculate TOD.

NAX669.png

that P2A could calculate TOD.

Could not calculate TOD. My bad.

NAX669.png

Thanks all.

I believe I've found the bug that is causing these problems.

I will include the fix in the next update.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave, does the TOD issue appear on every flight, or is it random?

NAX669.png