Sign in to follow this  
Wilson

AISmooth 1.12

Hello,Very often AISmooth disappears while "flying" without any messages. Is this a normal behavior ? Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

So its best to set up your origination, load AISmooth, and then optionally refresh AI either through FSUIPC assigned key or now through the ASVe function? Actually, come to think of it, it might be best to load it after initial weather writes are completed and AI is established/refreshed so the active runway is in force.

Guest 777forever

get aiseparation, it is spaces aircraft less chaotically IMO.Marcus

I agree with Marcus.After trying both, I found AI Separation to be easy to use, configurable and it works consistently.The only downside that I found was that I sent the author a question and never received a response. It appears that there is no support, and the link that I found to his site led to a site that said it was "Coming soon", if I recall.In any case, I still use AI Separation -- it works flawlessly.Wilson

Guest jdrago

>I agree with Marcus.>>After trying both, I found AI Separation to be easy to use,>configurable and it works consistently.>>The only downside that I found was that I sent the author a>question and never received a response. It appears that there>is no support, and the link that I found to his site led to a>site that said it was "Coming soon", if I recall.>>In any case, I still use AI Separation -- it works>flawlessly.>>WilsonWhere can I find AISeperation, and info about it?Thanks,JD

Jim,Yep, you are absolutely right about the slewing. A little bizarre.But after I got "run over" on approach by an AI heavy while using Smooth, I switched back to Separation. I have no idea why Smooth didn't resolve the problem, but I have encountered it several times. I always ended up getting a go-around from Radar 3. That's why I gave up on Smooth, even if once in a great while I get the slew weirdness. Usually, the problem is behind me and I never see it.WilsonP.S. Thank God I have wake turbulence turned off in ASV! :-)

JD:Search in the AVSIM software library for "ai separation" under FS2004.Wilson

In AISmooth I do not use it but there is an option called Respond To User Aircraft that if enabled should keep AI away from you. I also specify an AI seperation of 60 to 90 seconds that lets me merge into congested string-of-pearls situations and on the ground keeps the AI take-off queues at reasonable levels.Anyway because of the way AI operates most of my aircraft have a TCAS display installed. This provides a situational awareness that lets me vary approach speed to maintain seperation from aircraft fore and aft as well as providing other AI position/altitude infolrmation. TCAS can operate in a rose or arc fashion so you can see in back of you as well.

>JD:>>Search in the AVSIM software library for "ai separation" under>FS2004.>>WilsonHi Wilson,I downloaded it, but I'm having trouble launching. I clicked on the .exe and it gave me a message: "The application failed to initialize properly."Any ideas? There wasn't much help with the install in the readme file.Thanks,JD

Never mind...I found a post from 6 months ago regarding the same problem. Apparently the .net framework 1.1 needs to be installed for it to load properly.Thanks