Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

PacSim SLC soon to be released

Justcurious since I have never bought any of their products before, what is the feeling on PacSim, since they are coming out in the future with SLC/Salt Lake city/Utah. airport.  In the past I have always bought airports from FS Dreamteam/KLAX, CYVR, KIAH, JFK vol2, KLAX, KFLL, KFDW,  Fly Tampa, CYUL,Toronto, KBOS, KBUF, KTPA, Midway, FlightBeam, KDEN, KIAS, KSFO. and Latin VFR, KMIA San Juan KRDU, KSAN.

thanks for your opinions, Ronny

I have three of their products for FSX: Ninoy Acquino, Taiwan, and Nagasaki.  They are all great with nice performance and visuals.  KSLC will be a first day purchase for me and I'm very excited to see that they are doing a major airport for the US.  Hope this helps...........

Chad Griffin

I have their Pacific island airport sceneries and they look nice, each new release looks better and better quality. SLC is needed and will be good to have, first day purchase here too. I hope someone does PDX next!

Their add-ons are top notch.  Have several of them.  Highly recommended.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi rsperge,

Thanks for your interest in our upcoming Salt Lake City Int project. This will be our first major US airport project and certainly won't be the last. The KSLC project comes with full animated and semi-animated SODE jetway sytem and covers the entire Salt Lake basin which includes the city itself and suburbs.

pic_0921kslcruf_zpsq5wqyydt.jpg

pic_0827kslcpadi_zpstxz0f6ao.jpg

pic_0930kslcovu_zpshntu6nap.jpg

• Upvote 2

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

That's the thing about PAC Sim they seem to always build an excellent airport but not just the airport they add a lot of nice touches to the surrounding area.  One of my favorite developers and an instant purchase here, in fact I was disappointed to learn that you weren't providing an imminent release notice.  :wink:

RE Thomason Jr.

Hi rsperge,

Thanks for your interest in our upcoming Salt Lake City Int project. This will be our first major US airport project and certainly won't be the last. The KSLC project comes with full animated and semi-animated SODE jetway sytem and covers the entire Salt Lake basin which includes the city itself and suburbs.

pic_0921kslcruf_zpsq5wqyydt.jpg

pic_0827kslcpadi_zpstxz0f6ao.jpg

pic_0930kslcovu_zpshntu6nap.jpg

I have read Salt Lake City has a smog problem, is that lower vis in the background from your weather engine or part of the scenery? I am reminded of FlyTampa having sand and smog effects for their Dubai scenery.

The airport looks great!  I'm glad that they are making airports in the US now.  I'll be adding them to mine as they come out.

I have almost all of their airports and they are outstanding. Looking forward to Salt Lake.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I have all their products and they work great in P3Dv3 too.  Looking forward to SLC!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I have read Salt Lake City has a smog problem, is that lower vis in the background from your weather engine or part of the scenery? I am reminded of FlyTampa having sand and smog effects for their

The fog in the background is from ASN (Activesky) real-time weather and it sure does look nice in P3Dv3 and FSX.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Having lived in SLC for many years, when I saw the "inversion layer" I thought immediately, "I'm home!"

I'm looking forward to the product release as well as personally replicating the weather phenom with AS16.

Great work so far team!

Tom

The fog in the background is from ASN (Activesky) real-time weather and it sure does look nice in P3Dv3 and FSX.

Can't wait to get my hands on KSLC from Graham. I met him at FlightSimCon earlier this year and he is a really nice and talented guy. Good luck with the release.