Sign in to follow this  
Guest KFD

Rick Piper's Argosy on Short Finals!

Rick Piper has done it again.What a great aircraft! I remember these in and out of Southend Airport, Essex and in the old days wealthy people would ship their cars over the channel in them. It was 'BEA' then but this simulation is crackingly good.Thanks Rick, your quality freeware knows, no boundries.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

are you sure about that, my dad usd to fly from southend in the 50s & 60s and I have loaded DC3s and DC4s with cargo at Southend and i do not remeber srgosys ever being used as car ferries and AFAIK BEA never operated from Southend BKS and BAF yes but not BEA. what i do remeber though is the Aviation Traders Carvairs operated by British Air Ferries, http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=49 this was a converted DC4 that had a opening nose where the cars drove in from a ramp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carvair The Carvair was also used by BU (later British Caladonian) whome my Uncle Hubert used to fly for, but i cannot remeber what planes he used to fly.

Guest tango_d

Yep - Have to thank Rick once more. This is truly a fabulous plane.THANKS Rick !!!Best RegardsEddy (North Wales - UK) ;-)

Hi GuysThanks for your kind words.I now need a bigger hat ;)RegardsRick(lurking on all forums to see if there are any problemsas not many e mails so far (apart from Non RTFM's) ;)

Guest KFD

Hey Rick,Having grown up at RAF Benson with the RAF Argosy - is there any chance you might put the nose on and give us the RAF version? Your models are awsome.KFD

Hi KFDThere is a #### of a lot more other than a "nose"Fuselage is completely different aft of main spar & Panel & Virtual cockpit are very different.The recent inability of flightsimmers to accept non VC models makes this a Maybe rather than a yes as far as an AW660 goes.If i can do it easily i might but it's not a promise as i have too much stuff in progress already and not enough hours in the day.RegardsRick ;)

Guest KFD

Rick,No harm in asking!!! Thanks for the quick reply. Yes you are right it is a different aircraft - especially the rear fuselage. I have fond memories of the Argosy, or "Whistling ####" as we called it!Kev

Hi KevI think you mean "Whistling ###" If i can do it i will.Just be a fair time before i do it (release anyway)RegardsRick ;)

Guest KFD

You're right - I do mean Whistling #### - I think Avsim nanny software is adding an extra character - I've just reviewed this message and it is still adding an extra # to the word. I'm now ploughing through your Argosy manual so that I can get a fair stab at flying this. Once again - great stuff.Kev

Hi KevYou might have problems with the manual so here it is in pdf format. sorry about the .doc file, we all had word so it got missed.Why can i write ### & you can't ### ### ### ;)It has been noted that the original manual was not readable unless you had MS word. So here is the manual in PDF format Right click & save as or left click to read online. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/users/rick/Argosymanual.pdf Regards Rick