Sign in to follow this  
jfriz

Ram memory, or speed question

That is just plain false. Right now I am only running P3D and AS16 (my web browsing and maps and PFPX are on a second workstation) and total memory is 5.3GB physical memory, 7.9GB system commit.

Again, P3D is a 32bit app and it can't occupy beyond 3.5 GB, google for it pls.

AS16 might occupy something like half GB just check on the task manager ( running processes ), google for it if you do not trust me.

If your pc have 5.3gb busy it just means you have background garbage running, likely W10 related, f.i gadgets.

This is silly, any 32b application can be allocated up to 4GB of memory address space, the "background garbage" is the operating system.  Also, 5.3GB of system commit is much different from actually space in use, check google.

Without loading anything, fresh from boot, the W10 desktop uses 2.5 GB of physical memory/ 3.0 GB of system commit.  I highly recommend against only 8 GB of memory since prices are so low go for at least 16GB, which is the point of this thread.

Dan Downs KCRP

AS16 might occupy something like half GB just check on the task manager

I believe AS16 does not use any of the 4GB allocated for FSX. The weather it depicts will use some of the 4GB but the program itself operates outside of the 4GB

VAS limit. I have confirmed this with a developer of Active Sky products.

16 should be plenty. Even now, no matter the games or app, my pc never crosses even 8.

Which is why I find it odd that certain simming pc makers bother with 32.

spacer.png

Without loading anything, fresh from boot, the W10 desktop uses 2.5 GB of physical memory/ 3.0 GB of system commit.  I highly recommend against only 8 GB of memory since prices are so low go for at least 16GB, which is the point of this thread.

My W10 Enterprise occupies only 850mb once booted, because I know how to tweak it.

If you are convinced of your opinions good for you, i give up

If you are convinced of your opinions good for you, i give up

Sorry, are you trying to convince me that 16GB of memory is too much, not enough..., I'm lost trying to find how your arguments relate to the topic.

Dan Downs KCRP