Sign in to follow this  
markk71

Problem with AS16 in networked configuration

Hi,

After an installation and configuration according to the HiFi manual, I have a problem in making a network connection between PD3.4 and AS16.

So I tried to bring up the simconnect console by setting the console line in the simconnect.ini from 0 to 1, but the console does not show when starting up P3D.

Does anyone know what this might indicate? 

Marcel

I have set this up and is working perfectly. Hope you have all 3 files placed at their correct location.

simconnect.xml

simconnect.cfg

simconnect.ini

Note that there should not be any typo esp. lower and uppercase while typing network type etc.

Hope you have also installed relevant legacy simconnect on client.

Additionally you need to install ASconnect.exe on server. This is located in HiFi folder.

For the first time, it would also ask you to show the roaming path of server machine which it would remember subsequently.

Regards

Prayog

Hello Marcel,

Good info provided by Prayog.  Please note, this is the unofficial forum which is not actively monitored by HiFi, please log in and post at the HiFi forum should you require further assistance:

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/forum.php

Regards,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Prayog,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have checked all that, and I had it working before, but i decided to do a fresh install of windows 10 and P3D and now I cannot get it to work anymore.

But i suspect simconnect is somehow not loading because the simconnect console window does not show.

Maybe my computer name which i put in the IP field in the simconnect.xml does not map correctly to my server ip address.

Marcel.

Hello Marcel,

Good info provided by Prayog.  Please note, this is the unofficial forum which is not actively monitored by HiFi, please log in and post at the HiFi forum should you require further assistance:

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/forum.php

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert I will do that next.

Marcel