Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Nimbus releases Aero Commander 500S

Nimbus, better known for their payware scenery (including my favourite GA airport, Lufker-Spadaro) has just released their Aero Commander 500S.

This from their page:

Beautiful 3D model
  • HD textures
  • Custom sounds
  • Pilots and passengers
  • Original AF-520 autopilot.
  • Optional GPS
  • Beautiful night lightning
  • Normal maps
  • Custom systems (autopilot, hydraulic failure, fuel)
  • 4 liveries and more coming
  • Lots of animations and details

Nice Reflections
  • Dynamic fuselage reflections
  • Instruments reflections
Menu
  • Graphic menu for configuration and options

Would be interesting to hear opinions....I am considering a purchase.

Oooh, very nice!

As a bush pilot, I'm a sucker for high-wing twins. I have the payware Twin Otter (nice) and the MU-2 (a rocket, but difficult to master), I might have to add this one to the stable, just for historical relevance and a piston option. I'll report if I do, but meanwhile I'd be interested in any others reviewing this.

BTW, the Aero Commander has been popular in the FSEconomy game over the years as an affordable hauler with the FS9/FSX crowd. It's nice to see X-Plane finally getting one of these in a fully realized payware version. I've always been curious about this plane.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

This immediately caught my attention as well, since I think it's a great looking aircraft, and after putting so many hours in Milton's freeware AC500 in FSX, I'd love to have one for XP.

Looking though the payware support section at the org however, reveals some potential issues that people have already pointed out which (for me) puts this aircraft into a holding pattern at the moment. I'm hoping the developer can work through them, because I'd really like to have this in my hangar!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Big update released today to fix bugs, will buy this today, am really curious now.

Well Carenado is about to release their Shrike 500S Aero Commander for X-Plane as well very soon it seems, staying in the fence to see what model is more convincing.

Alexander Colka

Well Carenado is about to release their Shrike 500S Aero Commander for X-Plane as well very soon it seems, staying in the fence to see what model is more convincing.

I saw that... will make for a bit tougher of a choice, even if this Nimbus release is improved.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Oops!  sorry :/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thx :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...