Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

ORBX PAVD just released...

It is exactly because the industry has exploded with development and options that people are more inclined to seek out relative value.

Again fair enough, Erich, I am selective in what I buy too. And options we have. SAK has a decent Valdez of its own and there are several hundreds of OrbX freeware in Alaska, NWT, Yukon, BC to go along with OpenLC NA. Then, everybody knows that OrbX has been doing a generous sale twice a year these recent years. Just complaining that the new Valdez is expensive, in flashing the price in AUD to the boot, is beyond me. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

That's their new price structure they announced some time ago. It's not an exception. Region prices were raised, too.

I bought it (not yet installed) but I doubt this scheme will do well. ORBX was already highly priced, but now they might have crossed a line where their margin will stagnate, at the cost of loosing customers.

Kind regards, Michael

It has happened with me, today, Michael.  I guess they have reached my internal dollar amount threshold for compensation required, for offered product.  My 'threshold' was bumped up against with this release.  They (Orbx) have every right to post their required price for a sale. I have every right to decline it, for the asking, and I have.  

Cheers,

Ses

ORBX airports are hard to beat, and Alaska is a great region to fly, never boring, especially with challenging weather!

I could spend the same amount of money taking my wife to a mediocre restaurant, one and done.  But an airport like this tucked into some exciting scenery will bring me many more hours of simming pleasure.

JOHN

Oh, you'll have MANY more hours of simming pleasure once your wife leaves you for buying flight sim add-ons instead of taking her to crappy restaurants...  :P

ORBX should have a more consistent prices tables..

Cheers :)

N.-

I don't have all the ORBX airports of course, but those which are from Alaska are a sure bet for me and I'll never pass on them!.This one is already bought and now under a patient download (2.3 Gb!).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

How much was ENNK when it was released?

These airports are works of art, not the junk the we buy most of the time. You need FTX SAK, but most ORBX customers have it so they are not going to complain about the price.

As was eloquently stated, ORBX has been kind enough to offer free updates for P3D. I don't use it, but still appreciate what they have done for their customers.

That said, I will not buy it. I bought YMML 1st & 2nd versions and when I went to buy the update, I was told that my 30 days had expired.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Valdez is pretty darn good!

Dave

Valdez is pretty darn good!

Dave

I agree.  one gets what one pays for  I think its worth it. Orbx did a good job on this release.

Do I wish it was less money? of course.......... but whats an extra 5 or tenner for the artists efforts.

I agree it's great, and they must need to put a certain price point, otherwise if they don't they will stop developingat one point because they have to eat too...

Since it's a lot for me, I will excert control and wait for the yearly sales though.

And I think we're about to spend a lot more busting through internet data caps if ORBX wants us to redownload everything every time we reinstall. How is nobody talking about this?

And I think we're about to spend a lot more busting through internet data caps if ORBX wants us to redownload everything every time we reinstall. How is nobody talking about this?

You'll be able to save a copy of each download with the new FTX Central 3.  It's a non-issue.

It is indeed a non issue, as Greg says. Everything you wanted to know and didn't ask (yet) there 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121100-orbxdirect-store-and-ftx-central-v3-launches-on-november-1st/

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam