Sign in to follow this  
blave

Goflight vs. PFC

If you can even consider buying the PFC console (given its very high price) then that should be your goal. Whilst I have a decent GoFlight stack the quality of the PFC one is light years ahead. And with Pete Dowson's PFC.DLL module to give you total compatibility with FS2004 what more could you want?Dust off that credit card!! :DCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I agree with Ray. I have the PFC avionics stack unit, which is more or less integrated into their jet console (with some modifications/differences in functionality, pursuant to more realistic "big iron" avionics functions). I also have a GoFlight floor console, filled with seven GF modules (MCP, LGT, 2xRP48, 2xT8, 1xGF46)that nicely supplant the PFC gear. It all works quite well as a system... What pushes the PFC stack over the top is Pete Dowson's driver for it - it is amazing how well it emulates a real airplane's stack. The radios in particular are very similar to the Bendix-King units that populate many GA airplanes. Also, Pete has implemented a count down/up timer in the ADF section that is useful for some instrument approaches. And finally, any control can be assigned to *anything* you can think of, in lieu of standard FS functions.Also - I got to play with a GoFlight throttle console one time, when one was accidentally sent to me instead of another GF item that I'd ordered. I found its mechanical operation to feel a bit less solid than the throttle quadrant in the PFC Cirrus II console that I used to have - I would assume the PFC jet console's quadrant would be similar to that.Thus, if you've got the cash and can't figure out something more practical to spend it on, get that PFC console! 8^) However, also consider a hybrid approach as I have done. I think you'd save around $2000US or so... Here are some images of my somewhat hacked-together setup (no it looks nothing like any cockpit ever created, but it works for a lot of different aircraft and doesn't take up a bedroom!):http://blave.smugmug.com/gallery/626094/1/26524565BTW, and this is not the point of this post, but I am considering selling some of the duplicate GF modules that I have (not listed above). Contact me via email or PM for details, if you decide to go the hybrid route and want to save some $ on the toys.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Hi DaveThat`s a mighty fine looking FS rig you have there. Tell me, how is the projector with FS? Are you running multi pc`s or a single pc with multiple gfx cards?CheersJames

>Hi Dave>>That`s a mighty fine looking FS rig you have there. >>Tell me, how is the projector with FS? Are you running multi>pc`s or a single pc with multiple gfx cards?>>Cheers>>JamesMy main FS machine, a 3.4gHz P4 Dell 8400, drives the left hand 19" 1600x1200 LCD panel and the projector, with a single (OEM) Radeon 800SE (a.k.a. 800GT). The PFC stack and GF bits are also connected to that PC. BTW since those pics were taken I have upgraded to a much nicer XGA projector - that I bought at Costco! - that is mounted to the ceiling rather than propped up by a ladder. The new projector is a Sharp, and I am very pleased with it for both FS use and watching music vids and movies, at least given its $900 price point.I have a second PC (a very inexpensive refurb'd HP 2.4gHz Celeron machine) driving the right-hand monitor, that is connected to the first PC by two connections - ethernet for WideFS, and a serial connection for Pete Dowson's GPSout utility. The latter lets me run the real-world aviation application Jeppesen FliteDeck on the 2nd PC, which displays enroute and approach charts as moving maps. Occasionally I'll use Maxivista (http://www.maxivista.com) to move 2D panel views to the second monitor - this works really well for a $30 program!cheers,dB.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack