Sign in to follow this  
Aquilam

Engines shutting down shortly after takeoff

I've made some wonderful flights with the Steam Edition of this beautiful aircraft on FSX-SE, however my latest flight has an issue where the engines shut down shortly after takeoff, or even while taxiing.

I've tried the flight several times. When I can takeoff the initial climb out is fine, the annunciator panel shows no warnings or errors, all electrical systems appear to be operating, i.e., everything otherwise appears nominal, but then the engines shut down, the blue indicator lights on the front panel go out, and I start heading for the trees.

The only difference between this flight and my earlier successful ones is that I'm taking off from Glennwood Springs, CO, which is at an altitude of about 6,000 ft.

Outside temp is 55 degrees F with low scattered clouds.

That said, the problem doesn't appear to be so much environmental as time-related--the engines shut down within 5 or 10 minutes of starting. I typically start the engines manually, though I also tried the button that automatically makes the plane ready for taxi.

Fuel tanks are 30% with a full pax load.

I must be missing something. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It just occurred to me that I had my mixture/condition levers zeroed out on my HOTAS. While (so far as I know) the DO288 doesn't have condition levers, I have seen this affect other aircraft despite the fact it shouldn't technically matter. I'll check next time I fly.

Yep I think you're onto it. I vaguely recall a mixture lever issue a while back with the 228.

Yep, the HOTAS mixture axis setting was the issue. Flies like a dream now.  :smile: