7 hours ago, FireRx said:

hey where is the update site??

:blink:

You can download the latest (and likely final) version (v 1.2.3) from here: http://pmem.uk/joinfs/  .

Look under Install.

Al

Great software....easy to work, no MTL sorrows, fast, flying with the same weather in the group etc., we all love it...

Is there any chance to have a version that works with X-plane 11 ?

Ivan

On 7/20/2017 at 11:06 AM, Ron Attwood said:

Not a chance. The developer has called it a day.

Maybe not so,  there is a brand-new version 1 2 5

I am still hopeful that X plane will be included in this excellent piece of software.

Happy Landings

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

since the latest version of 1.2.5

I'm running this with p3d v4

and everytime I try to run the software and join our mp server and fly the Carenado PC12 - it kills the engine periodically. Once I turn it off the PC12 runs fine. I tried with the C207 it's fine, but it seem to be just the PC12.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas what the problems are?

Ciao!

On 7/23/2017 at 6:17 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Nothing wrong with hope.

Ron!  Really made me chuckle!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:47 PM, briansommers said:

since the latest version of 1.2.5

I'm running this with p3d v4

and everytime I try to run the software and join our mp server and fly the Carenado PC12 - it kills the engine periodically. Once I turn it off the PC12 runs fine. I tried with the C207 it's fine, but it seem to be just the PC12.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas what the problems are?

Now we had some of this a couple of weeks ago with a Turbo Commander and a load of us with Manfred's C-47. I asked Peter about it and he said he has had that reported by another person. I'm damned if I can remember the upshot. If indeed there was one! Do you get an Update prompt when you start up JoinFS? If you do...did you?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On ‎01‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 10:45 AM, Peter Memmott said:

In the next version, you can share the cockpit controls in three categories, surface, engines and other, which allows for a multi-role shared cockpit.

Hi,

I never used this Software before, but it Looks really interessting for shared Cockpit flights. I want to try it with medium deep simulated airliners (which uses a lot of default functions) like the Justflight DC10. Can this work?

Which functions can be shared in the different catogeries? Is this a real "handover" or can all selected pilots set the specific controls in the Cockpit (for example two pilots can handle the throttle or the flaps)?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

FWIW the latest version is 1.27 and the support forums are back online.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On 9/11/2017 at 2:35 PM, airlinetycoon said:

Hi,

I never used this Software before, but it Looks really interessting for shared Cockpit flights. I want to try it with medium deep simulated airliners (which uses a lot of default functions) like the Justflight DC10. Can this work?

Which functions can be shared in the different catogeries? Is this a real "handover" or can all selected pilots set the specific controls in the Cockpit (for example two pilots can handle the throttle or the flaps)?

Shared cockpit currently works well for smaller aircraft. I've not tried airliners myself, but I've not seen anyone reporting problems or making requests for airliner functions, however, I think that a lot of the aircraft systems will not be shared correctly, such as APU switches, just off the top of my head. There are still some variables in the simulator that I'm not carrying across at the moment, but I'll be adding them at some point. Whether supporting all of those known variables will still be enough for properly doing a shared cockpit of a deep sim aircraft, I'm not sure.

I think I restricted the hand over to only one person having direct control. When I first implemented it I allowed multiple pilots having control, but there were some issues with that. It might be something that I could look at again.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Concerning your cross-platform multiplayer client for joining FSX (boxed), FSX:SE and Prepar3D (possibly X-Plane at some point), I read that one of the features is Record aircraft and play back recordings live to other pilots in a network. Overdub new aircraft onto a recording

I've seen your video with the 9 Spitfires. I do fly in formation since 7-8 years in Xplane9, using a plugin from Greg Hofer Classicjet Simulations which seems to work the same way as your system. It works beautifully, except when I get too close to the other flying machines. Sometimes it jitters a bit, sometimes not.

How do I fly in formation with XP9?  Well, I just create a mission by opening the Formation Plugin. Let say I want to be in formation with 3 other Spitfire: so, I taxi my own Spitfire into the leader position on the runway, then I push a "record" button on my keyboard, and make a first flight behaving like a leader. Then, after landing, I stop the recording, take a seat in the second Spit, go into wingman position, push the record button again , and so on.

First question:  Is this more or less the same kind of job you do?

Second question:  Today, I prefer to fly IPACS Aerofly FS2 in VR, but, unfortunately there is no multiplayer or no recording possibility yet.

Do you think there is a chance that you include FS2 one of these days?

Thanks for helping, I cross my finger to have a recording function in FS2 soon or later

Regards  Papyuno

Hi Papyuno,

Yes, that sounds very similar to how JoinFS works. You just press the overdub button to start recording new aircraft over the existing recording.

Re: FS2. I actually tried contacting the developer about injecting and controlling aircraft in the simulator with third party add-ons but I never got a reply back. So I think it may be quite a while before JoinFS supports FS2. However, I am currently looking into supporting X-Plane, which means that JoinFS will be cross platform across the most used simulators with at least 90% (guesstimate) of users.

Best regards,

Peter