Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Request a Flight Level or Alttitude with PF3 + Clear of the Active

Hello Dave,

1/Please, may I to know which keys sequences are sent by Mce to PF3 when I request for example Flight Level 070 while I fly to FL090 ?

I ask this in order to give the correct number to the Atc for it gives me the right result. At this time during a flight at FL090, I requested : "Control <indicatif> request Flight Level 070" and Control gave me Climb to FL130 ! I tried with some others numbers but the results was crazy...

I know it's related to how PF3 manages this kind of change, but knowing the sequence of keys sent, I could better predict the correct number to ask.

2/I noticed you added in the last Mce version the new sentence "Clear of the active runway, request taxi to parking/gate". Thank you very much.

But it seems Mce adds some random No. of runways with no relation to the airport just after the sentence "Clear of the active runway".?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hello Richard. :hi:

I am sorry, but I don't know about PF3. I use Radar Contact V4 (RC4).

http://jdtllc.com/

In RC4, the menu items have "request higher",  "request lower", if you select one of those, it opens a sub menu with altitudes. You may then verbally request that altitude.

"Centre, Austrian 231 requests flight level 230".

I never use "clear of active runway". The only steps I take after landing are "clean up flow", then call GSX menu for an available parking gate and request the follow me car.

Please don't mix me up with Ben or Gerald. They are the MCE team and can code. I am not employed by MCE.

I am just a shmuck who loves the MCE program and whiles away his retirement flying simulations... :wink:

Best regards

David

Hello Richard. :hi:

I am sorry, but I don't know about PF3. I use Radar Contact V4 (RC4).

http://jdtllc.com/

In RC4, the menu items have "request higher",  "request lower", if you select one of those, it opens a sub menu with altitudes. You may then verbally request that altitude.

"Centre, Austrian 231 requests flight level 230".

I never use "clear of active runway". The only steps I take after landing are "clean up flow", then call GSX menu for an available parking gate and request the follow me car.

Please don't mix me up with Ben or Gerald. They are the MCE team and can code. I am not employed by MCE.

I am just a shmuck who loves the MCE program and whiles away his retirement flying simulations... :wink:

Best regards

David

Thank you David...but I made a first name error :rolleyes: . In fact the message was addressed to Gerald ;-).

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hello Dave,

1/Please, may I to know which keys sequences are sent by Mce to PF3 when I request for example Flight Level 070 while I fly to FL090 ?

2/I noticed you added in the last Mce version the new sentence "Clear of the active runway, request taxi to parking/gate". Thank you very much.

But it seems Mce adds some random No. of runways with no relation to the airport just after the sentence "Clear of the active runway".?

Regarding Item 1), this only works with fully supported aircraft, as MCE has to work out what altitude is selected in MCP (or FCU if you prefer) before computing the Alt difference, hence the key to send to PF3. Hint FsLabs A320 not supported yet, but will be by next month. :smile:

2) Contrary to common belief, the speech grammars aren't just a set of full sentences. They are composed of "speech parts", some mandatory, others optional.

Looked at the speech rule for such announcement, and it appears "request taxi" wasn't there (in expected location), so speech engine recognized something else like

"clear of the runway two five left" because there is provision for saying so, within the same speech rule.

Needless to say, speech grammar will be fine tuned yet again. 

I can safely say, these grammars (not just the ATC related ones) have been edited more than 1000 times each, over a decade, as feedback streams in.

You cannot build a speech grammar that is reliable and flexible enough not to force users to memorize exact sentences, without going through the pain of constantly tweaking them. For users pleasure I may add  :smile: