Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

Ultimate Traffic 2 Schedules

Hey simmers, I just installed UT 2 into Prepared. My question is this do I really need to update the schedules? Thanks

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

No, the last update is from 2012, so the better way (but also more time consuming way...) is to use PowerPack and start replacing those old flightplans with current ones. Manual and tips and tricks you find plenty online, most of my updated schedules are from AIG.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

There is a Summer/Fall 2016 schedule update available, but really why spend the money on it?

As a program UT2 hasn't been updated, so it doesn't accurately reflect current active and defunct airlines and there are still numerous 'Daedalus' repaints. 

Even for the currently active airlines many of the repaints are out of date.

If you only care about having traffic and not accuracy of routes, airlines, etc., then save yourself some effort and leave it as is.

If you do care about accuracy of routes, repaints, etc. then you'll need to follow AnkH's suggestion.

Ernie.

Ernest Pergrem

There is no 2016 version available in regard of the flightplans, that's a rather embarrassing marketing trick... The newest available schedule is from 2012, believe me.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Alright thanks guys for your advice

All I'm interested in is just having traffic

I used Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D until recently, but that changed when I encountered problems after updating lots of flightplans with PowerPack. In short, none of my AI planes were being displayed at all after the updates. Eventually I gave up, and now I am running them all as BGL files. I have a large database of AI models, and I use these with AIG flightplans (plus a few others) for civil aircraft, and MAIW flightplans for military aircraft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

All I'm interested in is just having traffic

I use My Traffic 6 and UT2

I only use Ultimate Traffic 2 with the Summer schedule ( 7 Euro )   More Planes with loads of colors on them  :smile: 

I don't bother with Paints or Power pack.  Regarding Prepar3D it can be difficult enough to set up a healthy UT2 without adding a big load of stuff it 

♪ Ultimate Traffic 2 has Initialized ♪  

Love that bit 

Anyone have experiences with World of AI? That too works if you use the migration tool apparently

Also with UT 2 I had a computer tech install it for me that got it installed on his and this guy knows his stuff. He had to make quite a few changes in the files to get it to work

There is no 2016 version available in regard of the flightplans, that's a rather embarrassing marketing trick... The newest available schedule is from 2012, believe me.

I haven't purchased it, but..

the page for Ultimate Traffic 2 Summer/Fall 2016 Schedule reads "The update includes a snapshot of daily/weekly air traffic for the Summer/Fall 2016 Season, effective August 2016. "

Are you saying that the air traffic file isn't the same as the flight plans?

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

My bad, I was not aware about this update. The german Aerosoft homepage still lists the 2016 Version of UT2 as "it is identical to the 2013 release", but the link you provide now shows there is a schedule update independent of the UT2 program itself. Sorry I missed this, but I do not know if this new schedule is any good, not a lot of information on the page and in the forums...

Greetings, Chris

Dont know about the other users of UT2 but I am happy with it. Have My traffic 6 and frankly IMHO the models are rubbish - also has randomised traffic so no schedules. World of AI is excellent but a little labour intensive to configure.

I Have the UT2 2016 schedule and for the airports I use the most the newest timetable does include the latest flights to July 2016. You may have to download repaints though for some of the airlines - but that is relatively painless once you learn how. And if you feel you need to have that airline that flies into your current airport it is not too difficult to create a flightplan and import 3rd party free AI model and repaint to match. That is what I have done and now my local airport accurately reflects the current lineup of real airliners and times.. so despite its age, it is versatile and configurable.

Pay attention to the installation instructions - doing this step correctly will save you lots of hassles later. After you run the update 2016 for example the main programme will update from 2.09 to 2.10

• Upvote 1

I'm very pleased with UT2 now that I got it configured

I don't have UT but considering it. Current flight plans and airline schedules are not of much interest. I just want to see real airlines at airports when i land; and i am not flying anything larger than the Phenom 300.

From what i have read in this thread, and others, I am a bit concerned with installation, and configuration, if needed for FSX; and any updates. One thread I read said the developer has abandoned UT. Could that be correct??

Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated. Have taken a quick look at Mytraffic6 and WOAI and i don't think i want to go that route. Thanks!

I actually seen a few days ago that an update may be in the works. But that's only a rumour

No, the last update is from 2012, so the better way (but also more time consuming way...) is to use PowerPack and start replacing those old flightplans with current ones. Manual and tips and tricks you find plenty online, most of my updated schedules are from AIG.

They just updated to 2016

At some point this week I'm going to upload my updates. I'll let you know when it's done

If anyone is interested let me know

14ppkc-6.png