Sign in to follow this  
kakusso

How to improve frame-rates without changing your settings

Are you using the Free Edition?

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

I was using a very lightweight program "Prio" when I was still using Windows 7. Sadly it doesn't work in Windows 10. The other day someone said you can do the exact same thing with FSUIPC but I didn't try it yet.

The .bat method to start apps with core affinity is free and we can drag a shortcut link to the .bat and start that rather than the app icon, so makes no difference to user workload once the .bat and link is made. Start an app with Affinity batch file (.bat)

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I have not tried the batch file, but the free process lasso is giving me excellent results! Flying out of EWR and the surrounding areas, I can't recommend that program enough.

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Thank you so much for that suggestion.

I suggest, the following batch for a 4core i5 processor should be ok?

cmd.exe /c start "AS16" /affinity 14 "C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS16_P3D\AS16.exe"
C:
cd\Prepar3D\
start Prepar3D.exe
cmd.exe /c start "EZCA" /affinity 14 "C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe"
cmd.exe /c start "couatl" /affinity 14 "C:\Prepar3D\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"
cmd.exe /c start "TrackIR" /affinity 14 "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe"

The affinity mask to be used in the command line has to be in hex format.

14 DEC -> E in HEX

I use SIMstarter NG to accomplish the core loading and priority "high" setting for P3D. I also find running all add-ons on the last 2 cores to be beneficial while running P3D on all 4 cores and set to "high" priority.

SIMstarter has very little overhead if any and a variety of settings to accomplish everything and more stated in this thread. Recently I put a request in to add the ability to even set the affinity core for SIMstarter.

Check it out the amount of versatility it offers is amazing and the ability to modify just about anything including Config files, AS16, Scenery and much more with the ability to save custom profiles is very useful.

Currently the version available through the FlightSim Store is still version 1.2 which is not ready for P3Dv3.4 but the released version at Aerosoft is version 1.3 and it is fully compatible with P3Dv3.4

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Joe, that's exactly what I am doing and I am happy with it. HT off, P3D on all 4 cores, addons on cores 2-4, and priority high via SimStarter NG. 

But, of course, there are several ways to be happy in life. :smile:

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Michael

I recently moved my all my add-ons to the 3rd and 4th cores only, prior I was using 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cores for them so basically last 2 now and after monitoring core loading with task manager it clearly frees up the 2nd core more and the sim seems a bit smoother as well. There have been several posts regarding using the last 2 cores only instead of the last 3 cores for add-ons and I finally gave it a try and it is perhaps better and clearly not worse.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Michael

I recently moved my all my add-ons to the 3rd and 4th cores only, prior I was using 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cores for them so basically last 2 now and after monitoring core loading with task manager it clearly frees up the 2nd core more and the sim seems a bit smoother as well. There have been several posts regarding using the last 2 cores only instead of the last 3 cores for add-ons and I finally gave it a try and it is perhaps better and clearly not worse.

Joe

Thanks, Joe, I didn't know this but will certainly try it.

Actually I don't have that many addons as I run most of them like AS on a networked machine. The killer is usually AI, in my case UT2. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

One more thing about FSUIPC and .bat technique.. I thought TIR and AS16 should be launched before P3D, not after. Do I have wrong info and it doesn't matter or should in fact be launched after and I was doing it wrong?

I have AF=245 on quad core with HT on, however the problem is win 7 is utilizing core1 for its programs while core3 lies parked with core2 under light usage by p3d. I expected win7 to use core3 but for some reason it is using core1 with already heavily loaded core0. Why is this so? Is there a way to free up cores 0,1 without unchecking each running program in task manager every time I run p3d? I already uncheck the addon apps from running on cores 0,1,2.

I use payware ProcessLasso. Do I need to remove addons' *exe , that I put on cores 2-3 (i7-6700k), from exe.xml? If so, why would I need to do that? Or Process lasso does it in a different way than the bat file?

And btw you can set SimStarter to self unload at P3D launch, so technically there's no overhead at all for it.

Thanks,

Dirk