Sign in to follow this  
nickcaldwell4587

PMDG 747 v2 vs dimension observations

Unless you take them from exactly the same spots you can't accurately compare them. The second set of shots its even more obvious. Those are pictures taken from even further differences. I do believe you are nitpicking and simply trying to find something wrong. If you are only looking for things wrong you eventually will or believe you will find them.

• Upvote 1

Richie Walsh

So please guys, peace and let the people that know what they are doing just go about the business in bringing this wonderful product to us.

With respect, I would prefer to let the Big Boys at PMDG speak for themselves.

Though I personally think its a silly thread regardless.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

With respect, I would prefer to let the Big Boys at PMDG speak for themselves.

Though I personally think its a silly thread regardless.

See post no 4.   At least one already did before I said anything.   Don't get me wrong either - I am not trying to speak on their behalf.   They don't need me to defend them.   I do however have personal perspectives and opinions which I made clear.   I do agree that the thread is actually silly, but despite it being silly, threads like these just keep popping up on cue every single time a new release is turning in for final approach.  

Point taken though - let's hear what they have to say on the issue.

Regards

Hi Richie Walsh

" I do believe you are nitpicking and simply trying to find something wrong. If you are only looking for things wrong you eventually will or believe you will find them."

Just take a close look at Maub's side by side comparison shots above of the center window post area. look at how much lower the compass unit is on the real aircraft shot. Look at how much lower the upper window trim is compared to the overhead light switches. no amount of moving the head angle could reproduce the same look in the pmdg vc. I can appreciate that to the untrained eye these things maynot be that obvious from photo comparison however when you are regulally in the real thing you can clearly see these structures and how obvious they are and im hoping that the product and everyone can benefit from my own eye for detail and real world experience. Go and sit in the flightdeck of a real 747 and look at these areas and then tell me im wrong.

many of us will focus on tiny details in the system modelling such as the time it takes to the second for the apu to start for example, and will mention if there is a 3 second difference compared to real world timings , or flap retraction timings on elec power only, why because these things are most important to them in terms of realism and immersion, others of us love visual/graphical /modelling accuracy as well for the same reason where some may not even care if there is an outside model or vc.

just because an item isnt important to one customer doesnt mean its not to others and doesnt mean its nit picking.

tks

nick caldwell

tks

Why do people abbreviate "thanks"? Do you really save that much time by omitting several letters?

On another note, with threads like these, who needs America's Got Talent or DwtS?

Ah, the arrogant reply blah blah blah...

Now was that really necessary? Kyle has always been very helpful and yes, he does bring up a valid point. Every time not just PMDG, but almost every company releases screenshots there is a cadre of people who think they know everything nitpicking it to death. your post was nothing but a blatant personal attack and totally unnecessary.

See post no 4.   At least one already did before I said anything.   Don't get me wrong either - I am not trying to speak on their behalf.   They don't need me to defend them.   I do however have personal perspectives and opinions which I made clear.   I do agree that the thread is actually silly, but despite it being silly, threads like these just keep popping up on cue every single time a new release is turning in for final approach.  

Point taken though - let's hear what they have to say on the issue.

Regards

Well done, brother.  :-)

spacer.png

Kyle

Lock the thread. Better yet, delete it. What utter garbage. Some people are just so narrow minded...

• Upvote 2

Brian Nellis

A lot of nit-picking going on here for sure.... am I am certainly not referring to the OP.

Agree with Copper, delete this thread, but again, not because of the OP's observations.

My goodess gracious me!

:fool: 

Oh... and tks.....

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Say Copper my brother,I guess the irony of you asking for a thread lock due to narrow mindedNess eluded you....? Just having fun with you as this thread is destined for the scrap heap.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Just adding one more thing.

Sometimes our watchful forum goers catch something, sometimes it's an issue of perspective or lens correction, and other times it's way out in left field.    That being said, we take a close look at every suggestion made on the forum to make sure we're not making any glaring mistakes (on rare occasion that has been known to happen and proper discipline is harshly and mercilessly administered Shame%20On%20You.gif:P ).  For the vast majority of cases however, measurements have been made, drop lines have been dropped, scans have been scanned and we are confident with the results.

• Upvote 3

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg