Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Linda not closing down.

I'm finding Linda 2.8.3 with P3DV3.4 is not being shut down automatically

despite the RunIf1=CLOSE,C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\linda.exe

entry being in the FSUICP.ini file.

Didn't have this happening with P3DV3.3.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Try changing CLOSE to KILL. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello,

with me the same problem that Linda does not close automatically. Linda starts at P3D-Start, but dont close after exit P3D.

My entry in FSUIPC:
[Programs]
RunIf1=KILL,C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\linda.exe

Best regards

Christian

My system
Windows 10 x64
Prepar3DV3.4
FSUIPC 4,957b (26th September 2016)
Linda 2.7.0

linda_270_p3d.jpg

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

Gents, Until I am a position to download and install P3D v3.4 I can not investigate the problem you are reporting. I have and will not try the latest version until I assure myself that all my scenery and Addons will work. There may be an issue with FSUIPC 4.957 not registering P3D shutting down due to known changes to the P3D to a great reliance on SIMCONNECT.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

How about admin rights for the new prepar3d.exe?

C:\Program Files (x86) is the most worse place to install any of our sim software.

Under WIN 10 you often run in trouble without admin rights for nearly every program we need.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Roland,

Linda has not finished yet, even if I start p3d as admin.

Presumably it is the current FSUIPC, because before I had no problems - LINDA was also terminated at the end of P3D.

Perhaps I should ask directly with the author of FSUIPC, Pete Dowson?

Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Hallo Christian,

kannst du mir mal deine FSUIPC4.ini schicken?

Meine Mailadresse hast du noch?

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Problem is solved, seemingly due to allocating admin rights to the programs involved.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Try changing CLOSE to KILL. 

Hi Scot.

Changing CLOSE to KILL made no difference.

Also no difference with admin rights confirmed.

Not closing down is no big deal I guess.

A restart of P3D with Linda already open does not appear to upset things.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi.

So for me the problem is solved. Roland helped me a lot. Many thanks!

You must start the LINDA.exe once under "Admin mode", so that LINDA is registered by the Windows 10 system.

It could have been because I had removed the file "SimConnectP3D3.dll" from the modules folder. A new FSUIPC.ini was created when the P3D was rebooted without the file "SimConnectP3D3.dll".

Later I copied the file "SimConnectP3D3.dll" back and changed this line:

Before:

RunIf1 = Kill, C: \ Program Files (x86) \ LockheedMart \ Prepar3D v3 \ Modules \ linda.exe

Now:

RunIf1 = Close, C: \ Program Files (x86) \ LockheedMartin \ Prepar3D v3 \ Modules \ linda.exe

Everything now works as before: When starting P3D, LINDA starts automatically, and when terminating P3D, LINDA automatically closes :-)

Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Good afternoon!

I have LINDA 2.8.3 with the the FSUIPC 4.949c, but unfortunately I can not assign the functions of OVERDEAD buttons, LINDA recognizes Broken parts, can assign the roles, but nothing happens on the aircraft, this current to the standard aircraft of PREPAR3D and add- we.
I will be very happy if you can help me! I come with this problem for almost 30 days and I can not solve.
Thank you in advance

Good afternoon!

I have LINDA 2.8.3 with the the FSUIPC 4.949c, but unfortunately I can not assign the functions of OVERDEAD buttons, LINDA recognizes Broken parts, can assign the roles, but nothing happens on the aircraft, this current to the standard aircraft of PREPAR3D and add- we.

I will be very happy if you can help me! I come with this problem for almost 30 days and I can not solve.

Thank you in advance

Hi, I can't see any relationship to this thread. Please post new problems in new threads.. Maybe the admin can do that for you.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

For those having problems with LINDA not shutting down on exiting the Flight Sim please note the following.

1.    FSUIPC allows users to specify a list of programs to be run automatically when the flight sim is started. An entry under [Programs[ in FSUIPC4.ini like:

RunIf1 = Kill, C: \ P3D \ Modules \ linda.exe

will start the program and close or kill in afterwards.

2.   The programs must be set to run in Admin mode. It is advisable not to install the Flt Sim or other programs in the folder Program Files (x86) but is a separate folder named FSX or P3D.

3.   FSUIPC will not close any programs started outside the Flt Sim (using FSUIPC) even if there is a corresponding entry in FSUIPC4.ini.

4.   If LINDA fails to close, check whether other programs (like ASN) started with FSUIPC have closed or remain open.

5.   The Flt Sim and especially P3D can take up to a minute to probably shutdown and trigger FSUIPC to close LINDA.

6.   The Flt Sim can sometimes fail to close correctly or will crash on exit. In these cases LINDA will not close automatically.

7.   If FSUIPC fails to close LINDA then it is not the end of the world. LINDA can be closed manually without any adverse problems.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK