Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Linda not closing down.

I have now had the opportunity to install P3D 3.4.9 and FSUIPC4 4.9.5.7b and I can report that I am also unable to automatically close LINDA (and AS16) on exiting P3D.

There is a new option in the FSUIPC4.ini file called ​TimeForLuaClosing​ with a specific reference to LINDA (see release notes para 18). However, I have tried all time delays and it is not working. I have reported the problem to the FSUIPC4 developer and am awaiting a response. Watch this space.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

The problem appears to be linked to the running of LUA code which is at the core of LINDA. P3D v3.4.9 is crashing before FSUIPC4 gets the opportunity to close any of the auto run programs like LINDA and AS16. Investigation continues. It the meantime users will need to close LINDA manually.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The problem appears to be linked to the running of LUA code which is at the core of LINDA. P3D v3.4.9 is crashing before FSUIPC4 gets the opportunity to close any of the auto run programs like LINDA and AS16. Investigation continues. It the meantime users will need to close LINDA manually.

I'm also finding FSUICP is not shutting down Virtual Avionics VAInterface which connects my ipad to the PMDG737 CDU.

So might be more of a general FSUICP/P3D problem?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

My testing has established that several FSUIPC4 started add-ons (LINDA with libraries and AS16 for P3D) will cause P3Dv3.4 to crash on shutdown. I also use VAInterface but have not yet tested it.

The crash is triggered by .NET framework 4.0 which is neither used by P3Dv3.4 (.NET 4.6) or FUSIPC4 (no .NET used). I am in contact with both P3D and FSUIPC4 support to bottom out the problem.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK