Sign in to follow this  
mohawk067

Strange Request

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the aircraft config file so the thrust reversers deploy in flight. On the real NASA Gulfstream, and Boeing acft they deploy the T/R's to simulate the acft slowing down coming back in.:-jumpy

Animations are part of the model and are keyed by certain events.I've seen quite a few AI aircraft momentarily deploy the reversers when they start a descent.Other than finding out what event keys the thrust reverser deployment and causing that event to occur - I don't think you can make them deploy in flight.As far as simulating the impact of thrust reverser deployment on the flight of your aircraft without the visual deployment - I'd recommend you download the aircraft container SDK from Microsoft's site. There is pretty clear information on the settings in the SDK.

As far as I know, thrust reverser deployment in flight is not possible with the jet model in MSFS, although it is possible to reverse the tprop engines.I've experienced the process for real in jet aircraft, on a DC-8-63 back in '77. We were over a cloud deck, so the sensation of deceleration was exaggerated by having nothing below to measure our movement against--so it gave me the sensation of stopping in midair. That was quite normal operation for the DC-8--we used them coming in from over the Alps into Milan.-John

In the default Cessena 208 you can reverse the engines while in flight, I assume it has something to do with the gear, because when you land on water your gear is up and the reverse works. I'm not some much worried about the actual look as the feel. Thanks

"In the default Cessena 208 you can reverse the engines while in flight"Yep--as I note in my post above, only with the tprops you can reverse the engines in flight. I have always wondered if this is ever done for real with real tprops in flight. In FS98, you could also use reverse thrust with jets. That changed in FS2000 and beyond. In the case of the DC-8, I know only two of the engines were normally reversed in flight--can't recall whether it was the inboards or the outboards.-John

Thanks John for taking the time to answer my question maybe in FS10 they will give us some of the good things about the MSFS's up to now.