Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How does Matthew look like in XP10.51 ?

With default weather or any other add-ons ?  I'm curious....

Not near to my XP machine external disk right now.... otherwise I would test it myself, of course :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If you tell the un-knowing among us (e.g. me) what "Mathew" is, we may be able to answer :D

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

If you are in The Bahamas.....It looks pretty Bad :) Sorry.......I'm leaving Now :)

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Just tried at MYIG with NOAA, SMP, RWC, Ventura, FSrealWX and compared to Prepar3D with AS16. Can't of course say how it would feel in real life (and better not try) but the Prepar3D/AS16 solution looked and felt better. Aircraft behavior on the ground was too smooth IMO in XP and GS readings when in the air seemed to be off as well. And, no rain in XP.

Hans

NOAA, SMP, RWC, Ventura, FSrealWX

Did you use FSrealWX together WITH NOAA and VS? (Should not be possible.)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Did you use FSrealWX together WITH NOAA and VS? (Should not be possible.

No, alternating, with FSrealWX/RWC the winds seemed to be closer to the real thing. The METAR that NOAA read showed less wind than any current weather report, so the plugin did what it is supposed to do but the weather was more like an average overcast day as opposed to a place where a hurricane had just passed through. 

Hans

Hans,

compare to SkyVector data. Just tried MYIG - I am using just default weather and NOAA. The present METAR doesn't show any severe winds, quite on the contrary:

MYGF 051600Z 07008KT BKN015CB BKN070 30/26 A2985 RMK CB NE/OVHD/S VCSH NE/E

OTOH while I gained altitude, winds did significantly and consistently increase.

You should try now at KSGJ instead : KSGJ 051731Z 02018G21KT 3SM RA BR BKN006 BKN019 OVC047 25/24 A2995 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT ALQDS TSE08B13E28 P0006

With it does show precipitation in XP.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Thanks jcomm, indeed a different weather there. Seems that something is wrong with my Ventura installation, need to check that. 

Hans

With default weather or any other add-ons ?  I'm curious....

Not near to my XP machine external disk right now.... otherwise I would test it myself, of course :-)

Jose,

It would be interesting to see how it looks in HIFI/P3D weather system....pics please!.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Jose,

It would be interesting to see how it looks in HIFI/P3D weather system....pics please!.

Looks diferent, but I do not have P3D,just FSX:SE.

Presently can't take shots of the combination, but I've seen a few at the HiFiTechInc forums...

I still prefer the way NOAA plugin deals with variable windsand turbulence  in XP, and the effects it has on aircraft, to those of either FSX / P3D.

Main Simulation Rig:

Well here it is a real webcam from Jacksonville, FL, and X-Plane default weather in KJAX (I have no scenery installed). The general light and colors seem remarkably close.

hXpc5wP.jpg

KzKuCCx.jpg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I am just taking a few comparison shots at KJAX. Will post them later. 

Hans