Sign in to follow this  
737_800

P3D v2.5 fatal error after fresh installation

Well,

Seeing it is just a default install install ... I would uninstall A2A then  

Uninstall P3D.

Download a fresh copy of P3D and verify the download ZIP checksum.

Delete P3D folders remaining per install instructions

Reinstall P3D and test.

He can't download a fresh copy of P3D.  He has 2.5 .  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob,

"He can't download a fresh copy of P3D.  He has 2.5 ."

If you purchase P3D v2 and keep the original download?

If you purchase P3D v2 will it stay in you account for later use?

If you later purchase v3

Will ver 2 and ver 3 still also be in your account?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That's no problem, I can download v2. At least I did this, before I had started this thread. I uninstalled it so many times. But will give it a last chance, nonetheless I think it won't work.

That's no problem, I can download v2. At least I did this, before I had started this thread. I uninstalled it so many times. But will give it a last chance, nonetheless I think it won't work.

After the download .. check the Checksum to ensure the ZIP is ok.

Using a download manager is not required.

I have downloaded products for years without a payware or freeware download manager.

Do the download the way you normally do it.

The important thing is to check the Checksum after the download.

If the checksum is good .. go ahead with the Unzip and install of P3D.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

After the download .. check the Checksum to ensure the ZIP is ok.

And use a download manager too. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am on my nerves ends. Got some time to try it out, did everything in accordance with the p3d manual. Uninstalled p3d with deleting all the folders. Uninstalled A2A beforehand. Installed Windows updates.  However, it's the same damn error. Why is this sh**t not working? Want only to exercise a bit navigation, but can't...just frustrating. I don't get it. First I tried to install p3d on my D: Partition; it's about 80 GB free space, but P3D claimed there is not enough space. So I installed it to C, where I only had about 22 GB. That make no sense!! When I start P3D it's starts immediately Loading terrain data etc. I don't have a chance to select an airport or aircraft. Before I could press or do anything, I get the same error as before.

Hello

Try this.........

Prepar3D v2.5 specifically use's Microsoft Visuals C++2010 on a Default Install (No Add On's)   Go to your Control Panel  "Programs and features"  Right Click and Uninstall  Microsoft Visuals C++2010

Go to  C:\ProgramData \ Package Cache,  Locate this folder   "28C54491BE70C38C97849C3D8CFBFDD0D3C515CB"   Right Click on "vcredist_86_2010"  and  Run as administration (Important)  If you cant find the folder Click here  

==============

Failing that..........

Have you tried everything in This Post   ? 

What about other Games\Sims does your computer crash ?  Have you tried running an Integrity test on your system 3DMark  ?  Only €4 now on sale

Have you tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling your Graphics Driver using something like Driver Display Uninstaller ? Instructions

Hi there,

thanks for reply!

I did that what you wrote with Microsoft Visuals C++2010, but no change. What I also can see is, there are couple of Microsoft Visuals, there are some from 2005,2010 and 2012 Package. Do I need all of them?

I tried all what you've had written on your initial post. No Change. There are no other crashes, only P3D messes up on my Computer.

I didn't reinstalled my drivers but I installed the latest version, recently.

Might it be that P3D has issues with overlooked processors? My runs @4,3 Ghz.

there are couple of Microsoft Visuals, there are some from 2005,2010 and 2012 Package. Do I need all of them?

Yes, different Add On's will Install these Visuals packages for there Software

Might it be that P3D has issues with overlooked processors? My runs @4,3 Ghz.

Yes at this stage I would defiantly take the Overclock of it as a "process of elimination"   Maybe its a bad Overclock 

I didn't reinstalled my drivers but I installed the latest version, recently.

Personally also at this stage i would Reinstall my Graphics Driver using the above method Driver Display Uninstaller

I used the tool you recommended to delete the drivers, however, it didn't bring the result I wished.

What exactly do you mean by "bad Overclock"? What might I have done not properly? Honestly, I didn't go not too deep into this stuff. FSX runs perfectly. How can I figure it out without risking that my FSX stops working.

No no,  If you have not Manually Overclocked your system leave it alone that's not your issue

================

Keeping in mind you have tried everything from Post #23 ^^   Including Deleting your 4 Prepar3D Folders\Directories and letting them Rebuild again + Running prepar3D.exe as administrator from Inside your Core folder (Bi-Passing your Prepar3D Desktop Icon) + Reinstalling Visuals 2010  

Ok,  lets start at the bottom........... 

Does FSX and your other Games Currently Launch and Play Ok ?  Are you sure, Any Issues here ? 

Does your computer have Built in Graphics card ?  Are you sure prepar3D is using your GTX 650 Ti  as apposed to a Built it Card ? Have you checked ?   Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and confirm this

=======

Do you still have a Zipped copy of your Prepar3D v2 Download ?   Did you do a MD5 Checksum (Integrity test) of this Zipped folder,  Even though you have Installed already check the MD5 Checksum on this folder anyway,   Click for Image  If this is good you will eliminate this from your list (Corrupt Install due to a Corrupt download) 

======

When you Installed Prepar3D v2 did you run the Setup.exe  Or  the Prepar3D.msi ? If it was the latter Right Click on Setup.exe and run as administrator   Click Repair 

Go to your Control Panel "Programs and Features"  Can you see the Prepar3D v2 Academic\Professional ? 

Go to your Core Prepar3D folder,  Can you see all 17 of these Default yellow folders below there ?  Also can you see up to 82\83 files at the bottom ? 

Licences, propdefs, ShadersHLSL, trintonResources, Scenery, redist, uires, SimObjects, Weather, Scenarios, Ecosystem, Fonts, Autogen, Effects, gauges, Sound, Texture

==========

Entry your Register editor

Navigate to:    HKEY_CURRENT_USER  ► Software  Lockheed Martin,    Double left click on this Key,  Click into "Prepar3D v2"  Look at AppPath Is this your current Prepar3D v2 Install location ? 

Navigate to:     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  ►  Software   ►  Wow6432Node  Lockheed Martin,   Double left click on this Key,  Click into "Prepar3D v2"  Look at SetupPath Is this your current Prepar3D v2 Install location ? 

===========

If all of the above checks out,  Lets try and Repair Prepar3D v2 Manually

When you Install any version of Prepar3D Or other Windows Software it will load "Prerequisites" and Repair Installers into ProgramData \ Package Cache,  These are used to Repair Software that you have currently Installed 

You have already Uninstalled and Reinstalled Microsoft Visuals 2010 Yes ?

So now we will look for msxmI6_x86.msi  and  ESP SimConnect  and   Direct x 

All located in the same Location

Go to  C  ► ProgramData  Package Cache,  Locate the following folder's................

9FD00F3BB8A870112DAE464F555FCD5E7F9200C0   ► redist,  Scroll down a bit,  Right Click on DXSETUP.exe   and run as administrator

{A43BF6A5-D5F0-4AAA-BF41-65995063EC44}   Right Click on msxmI6_x86.msi  Click Install 

{C0A9FCC1-9725-4679-8AC2-FE501B139B63}   Right Click on SimConnect.msi  Click Install

Try that.....

No no, If you have not Manually Overclocked your system leave it alone that's not your issue

It's possible there has been a misunderstanding: I did Overlock my Intel i5 3570K. I think last year I did some reading and tried to figure out how Overlocking works, I tried and my machine is now running up to 4,3 Ghz. I guess I changed following settings in the BIOS:

AI Overlock Tuner: Manual

BLCK/PCIE FREQ: 100.0

BY ALL CORES (Can adjust in OS): 42

Offset Mode Sign: -

CPU Offset Voltage: 0,010

Might that be a bad Overlock? My FSX and Windows operates smoothly. No blue screens, no crashes in FSX.

Keeping in mind you have tried everything from Post #23 ^^ Including Deleting your 4 Prepar3D Folders\Directories and letting them Rebuild again + Running prepar3D.exe as administrator from Inside your Core folder (Bi-Passing your Prepar3D Desktop Icon) + Reinstalling Visuals 2010

Yes, I did.

Does FSX and your other Games Currently Launch and Play Ok ? Are you sure, Any Issues here ?

FSX doing well, no issues so far. I cannot speak for other games, since FSX is the only one on my system.

Does your computer have Built in Graphics card ? Are you sure prepar3D is using your GTX 650 Ti as apposed to a Built it Card ? Have you checked ? Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and confirm this

It has a Intel® HD Graphics 4000. How can I check this? Didn't find any setting in the Nvidia Control Panel which states what graphic card P3D uses.

Do you still have a Zipped copy of your Prepar3D v2 Download ? Did you do a MD5 Checksum (Integrity test) of this Zipped folder, Even though you have Installed already check the MD5 Checksum on this folder anyway, Click for Image If this is good you will eliminate this from your list (Corrupt Install due to a Corrupt download)

I had done that before, Checksum did match.

>>

When you Installed Prepar3D v2 did you run the Setup.exe Or the Prepar3D.msi ? If it was the latter Right Click on Setup.exe and run as administrator Click Repair

<<

I did run the the setup.exe as adimin.

>>

Go to your Control Panel "Programs and Features" Can you see the Prepar3D v2 Academic\Professional ?

Go to your Core Prepar3D folder, Can you see all 17 of these Default yellow folders below there ? Also can you see up to 82\83 files at the bottom ?

Licences, propdefs, ShadersHLSL, trintonResources, Scenery, redist, uires, SimObjects, Weather, Scenarios, Ecosystem, Fonts, Autogen, Effects, gauges, Sound, Texture

<<

Yap, Prepare3D v2 Academic is listed. And I have 17 default folders as in your list plus 82 other files.

>>

Entry your Register editor

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER ► Software Lockheed Martin, Double left click on this Key, Click into "Prepar3D v2" Look at AppPath Is this your current Prepar3D v2 Install location ?

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ► Software ► Wow6432Node Lockheed Martin, Double left click on this Key, Click into "Prepar3D v2" Look at SetupPath Is this your current Prepar3D v2 Install location ?

<<

Is it correct that I have two Lockheed Martin folders in HKEY_CURRENT_USER? One is Prepare 3D and the other Prepare 3D v2. But AppPath is correct. however, I don't have a Lockheed Martin folder in Wow6432Node!

>>

You have already Uninstalled and Reinstalled Microsoft Visuals 2010 Yes ?

So now we will look for msxmI6_x86.msi and ESP SimConnect and Direct x

<<

Did all that, no change. Weird is, P3D sometimes load until this default aircraft come up for a sec and then crashes before anything else as terrain could load. Other times it crashes immediately without loading anything.

I am confused why this don't work.

I don't have a Lockheed Martin folder in Wow6432Node!

Sorry for late reply, Out of action.   Did you get sorted ?   What was the fix ?   

You should have a Lockheed Martin Entry in this location,  I'm not sure why its not there,  But you can Manually add this Entry in your Register editor  to see if this sorts it  (I have seen it work before) 

You will see the Path= at the bottom of the Image and the exact Entry you need to add.  Note:  You will need to change your Install Location

If you are unsure how to add this Entry,  Let me know and i will talk you through it tomorrow night  

31385832653_98efe05d23_o.png

Hi,

nice to hear from you!

To be more precise: I hadn't the Lockheed Martin folder in the WOW 6421Node of HKEX_CURRENT_USER. The Folder was already in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

What I have done is, to create a License and SetupPath (type REZ_SZ) reg into HKEX_CURRENT_USER. But it didn't change anything. What do you mean by "You will need to change your Install Location",

new installation of P3D or setting the Path into the SetupPath reg (what I have done)? Nothing works nonetheless. :-)

I have the feeling, it will never work again :( Do you think my OC might be corrupt?