Sign in to follow this  
737_800

P3D v2.5 fatal error after fresh installation

To be more precise: I hadn't the Lockheed Martin folder in the WOW 6421Node of HKEX_CURRENT_USER. The Folder was already in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Hello 

Yes that's correct !  You will only see the Lockheed Martin folder in the Path of Navigate to:     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  ►  Software   ►  Wow6432Node

What do you mean by "You will need to change your Install Location", new installation of P3D or setting the Path into the SetupPath reg

What i meant was to Insure you had changed your Path in the SetupPath to suit your Install Location

I have the feeling, it will never work again Do you think my OC might be corrupt?

That's a Big question,  To be honest i don't know,  Its a very strange one indeed.  Your FSX and windows is working Perfect and you have followed all the previous steps and the prerequisites Installers and so on that's necessary to run a Default Prepar3D   

I'll read the Thread over again tomorrow and I will have a good think about it,  see if i can come up with something else.

---

EDIT

---

If it was some weird permissions thing on your system that wasn't allowing Prepar3D to Write to the 4 folder paths this would cause an Issue.  Delete these folders again in this post   http://www.avsim.com/topic/495951-p3d-v25-fatal-error-after-fresh-installation/?p=3496192

Note: Launch Prepar3D,  When it crashes,   Look at these folders !!  Do they get rebuilt again in all 4 locations ? Including the Yellow folders and files inside them ?   Not Prepar3D v2 in Documents,  this folder will be empty anyway

If it was some weird permissions thing on your system that wasn't allowing Prepar3D to Write to the 4 folder paths this would cause an Issue.  Delete these folders again in this post   http://www.avsim.com/topic/495951-p3d-v25-fatal-error-after-fresh-installation/?p=3496192

Note: Launch Prepar3D,  When it crashes,   Look at these folders !!  Do they get rebuilt again in all 4 locations ? Including the Yellow folders and files inside them ?   Not Prepar3D v2 in Documents,  this folder will be empty anyway

P3D rebuilds all folders including content in them.

By the way: when P3D loads it looks like this for a moment, then crashes.

p3dcrash5rux5.jpg

Hello,

Yes, I'm at a loss as to what your Issue is.  

Personally I would pull it all down again.  

(1)  Uninstall Prepar3D v2 Completely,  Including Deleting the 4 Prepar3D Directories from Post #3   Including your Install Location 

(2)  Enter your Register editor and Delete all Lockheed Martin Keys you find in the location's of Post  #27  

(3)  Go to  Local Disk C  ► ProgramData  Package Cache and Delete all Prepar3D folders there 

(4)  Restart your computer

(5)  Insure your Windows operating system is up to date Including all Drivers 

(6)  Download a fresh Prepar3D v2.5,  Using a Download Manager 

(7)  When completed,  Check the MD5 Checksum of the Zipped folder 

(8)  Before you run the Installer, Plug out all USB Devices and Extra Monitors   (Except Mouse and Keyboard) 

(9)  Follow the link below,  Its for V3 but the first 5 steps are the same for V2,  Turning Off all Anti virus Software + UAC + administrator and so on 

Also there is a link with pictures for checking the MD Checksum  Basic Download and Install Guide

Hey Elaine,

I think I have found the wrongdoer. It's the second monitor that's plugged in. I think the installation was all the time fine. I did what you wrote in your last post, than started P3D everything unplugged and guess what: P3D worked. Then I plugged my second monitor in, and guess again: CTD.

All the installation procedures over the couple of last months just because of a monitor?! I am glad it works now, and I can fly the A2A.

BUT: I would love to use the second monitor when flying. What might cause the problem? It's plugged as VGA.

Nevertheless: THANK YOU very much for your help though it was quite time consuming for you as well.

I think I have found the wrongdoer. It's the second monitor that's plugged in. I think the installation was all the time fine. I did what you wrote in your last post, than started P3D everything unplugged and guess what: P3D worked.

Great !  Finally we know whats causing this.

Do you have the 2 Monitors plugged into your 650 Ti ?  And Not 1 into your HD Graphics 4000 and the other into your 650 Ti? 

Hi Elaine and 737_800,

In the Prepar3D.cfg we have the [Main] section with the Location and LocationFullScreen values.

Any tiny problems in either of them and bam, down goes your P3D before it's started.

[MAIN]

Location=617,173,1658,891,\\.\DISPLAY1

LocationFullScreen=0,0,1920,1200,\\.\DISPLAY1

After setting up screens and getting a crash try deleting those values like this then start P3D.

[MAIN]

Location=

LocationFullScreen=

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Great !  Finally we know whats causing this.

Do you have the 2 Monitors plugged into your 650 Ti ?  And Not 1 into your HD Graphics 4000 and the other into your 650 Ti? 

Yeah, it's fantastic!

Primary monitor is plugged onto 650ti and secondary onto HD Graphics 4000.

Hi Elaine and 737_800,

In the Prepar3D.cfg we have the [Main] section with the Location and LocationFullScreen values.

Any tiny problems in either of them and bam, down goes your P3D before it's started.

[MAIN]

After setting up screens and getting a crash try deleting those values like this then start P3D.

[MAIN]

Location=

LocationFullScreen=

Tried this, for some a reason I don't have LocationFullScreen in the main section. What I have tried: Deleting the value  from "Location" only -> crash. Adding LocationFullScreen into the main section without any value-> crash.

Both Graphic cards are up to date.

Hi Elaine and 737_800,

[MAIN]

[MAIN]
Location=
LocationFullScreen=

Hello Steve,  Thanks for chipping in here.  Steve I'm not well up in this area,  Is it possible to run a 2 monitor set-up for Prepar3D successfully with one running off your GTX and the other running of an Intel HD card ? 

Hello Elaine,

I suggested clearing those values because if one had an incorrect value the sim would crash preventing it from recreating those lines with a new multi-monitor setup attached. I've not got much information there but as far as I knew you can use it set always enabled in the motherboard setup and in Windows you stretch the desktop over the added monitors.

With one monitor attached, boot up and run P3D arrange in windowed mode so it is not fullscreen, then close it like that, shut down PC. Now add the second monitor, boot up and in display settings, customise display, move the monitor location where it will be on the stretched desktop, keeping the main monitor number 1. Now try P3D.

I hope that might help.

Steve

..thinking about it you may need to have the integrated GPU as default display in the motherboard setup adding in the GPU card for the second display.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for that Information Steve.  I never have used my second Monitor for flying,  must try