Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Multi platform multiplayer

Any of you seen this thread? LINK

It has possibilities. If we could cobble together a crew to fly it, I could host it. Bags I FSX.  :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

It's looking like I don't even have to set up a server. Just run the program. That can't be right. surely. Oh I forgot, you don't like being called Shirley.

Can we set up a day/time for a trial run? We'd only need an FSXer, a P3Der and an FSX_SEer to establish the principal.

You need to be able to communicate your IP address to the others..

In my case, when I look up my IP address, I get a string of about 8 hex numbers.. is that right?

Something like:

2001:569:xxxx:c200:148c:xxxx:a70e:xxxx

Edit:

OK, this may well be right..

"IP addresses are usually written and displayed in human-readable notations, such as 172.16.254.1 (IPv4), and 2001:db8:0:1234:0:567:8:1 (IPv6)."

Bert

Quite right Bert. In the JoinFS program joiners are recognised by the hex thingy.

Frippe and I had an experimental flight this evening and it was deemed a success! Formation flying was possible with very little 'surge'. as long as you weren't wingtip to wingtip, then it became a little nervous. Nothing like as bad as FSHost or FSCloud.

It has a future.

..........It has a future, but still has a few wrinkles to sort out. Early days.

It's now up to V1.0.13. I hope you're keeping up at home. One of these days....

Off topic - This new software (not JoinFS) is brilliant! Spent a few hours last night going through it and am completely blown away! There is so much to say about this program that I could supply you (but won't) with -

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty-seven eight-by-ten
color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on
the back of each one, and he stopped me right there and said,
"Kid, I want you to go and sit down on that bench that says 'Group W'... NOW, kid!!"

Those using the F1 GTN series GPS' will really like this as will make flight plans for your unit.

I can only recommend you to give it a try.. There's no installation or removal routine, is lightweight on the system and gives the pilot much more information than any other planner / moving map - bar none! Plus.. There's more to come! 

WOW!  :good: 

EDIT - The author, Alex, made another program called "Little Logbook", after making a runways.xml was able to export my logbook to a googleearth.kml. It shows where I've flown around the earth since 2011! SWEET! 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I tried it also and was able to load our lost world pln plan, see it on the map, and export it to my gtn 750.

Very slick!

Bert